Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion/suggestions For Non-Grindy Events

Seraphyx

So the livestream they pointed out that they're working to create events that aren't so grindy and I do agree with them that this last event at least felt a bit less so because they introduced a new element or a new step in the process. While yes, you did have to sort of grind to get corruptors it wasn't exactly a difficult or tedious process imo. The exception being people who wanted to get tens of thousands of points but I think anything would be grindy in that case.

My idea is something similar to what they tried to do, add more variety or more ways to accomplish the task. This way people can vary what they are doing and still help with clearing the event. Tired of doing the same mission over and over? Fine, go do another type of mission versus another faction while still helping the event. Get tired of that one too? Go back to the previous one or do another one type (sabotage, defense, assassination, etc...).

Lets say we have a mission where we have to find this grineer settlement they were talking about on the stream and then infiltrate it (I'm sure they already have this event planned out but I'll use it as an example), there could be multiple ways to go about accomplishing the task. Kill grineer enemies/bosses and there's a chance one of them will drop a piece of intel related to its location. Infiltrate corpus locations and try to find the intel from them by hacking their systems. Doing either of these two things would help everyone complete the event. Coming off of this past event with destroying fomorian ships maybe add in some way to assemble the location data accumulated from the events for increased points. You have grineer info 'x' and corpus info 'y', after they are put together it gives each of them context and therefore you can make sense of the data easier (getting more points for whatever activity).

There could obviously be more of these pieces as well to include different mission types for more variety but this is just a very rough possible idea.

I always see people complain and whine about certain things but never give any real suggestion or alternative. While simply whining or complaining may help them realize "people don't like this" it doesn't help them come up with new ideas or ways to fix whatever is wrong. So give them some suggestions or ways to make events better and more interesting attached to your typical comments of "don't make events so grindy" rather than just leaving it at that. My idea may not be the best and maybe people wont like it but it's a starting point.