The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Strange Background Stuttering after Update

OkamiLuna

So after updating to 22.6.0.1 I am having some serious background stuttering issues. I checked all my graphics and everything is  the same. I tried playing around with vsync and no luck. It seems to be everything in the background while moving my character, My character seems to stutter only in certain animations as well. 

Was curious if anyone else was having this issue. I will also add I had to disable DX10 in order to update. 

Edit: Turning down resolution seems to help, but not completely stop the stuttering. Seeing as there were to changes graphically that were supposed to make things harder, I'm curious as to what has caused this when I have been running at my full resolution for months. 

Edited by OkamiLuna

I've been having what sounds like a similar issue.  I play at 3135x1764p @120hz, and have for almost 6 months now.  GTX 1080 and i7700K.  For what feels like maybe two weeks or so now, it looks like I am getting frame drops/stuttering, but according to Warframe's FPS counter I almost never get below 130 fps, even when poop hits the fan, but the stuttering makes it seem like I am dropping to 45 or something.  I use Fast Sync and G-sync, and I have messed with every variation of v-sync, no sync, fast sync, and just flat out frame limitations.  Fast Sync is still my favorite, but all of them result in stuttering, to the point of me growing frustrated and just logging off.

9 hours ago, John_Aether said:

I've been having what sounds like a similar issue.  I play at 3135x1764p @120hz, and have for almost 6 months now.  GTX 1080 and i7700K.  For what feels like maybe two weeks or so now, it looks like I am getting frame drops/stuttering, but according to Warframe's FPS counter I almost never get below 130 fps, even when poop hits the fan, but the stuttering makes it seem like I am dropping to 45 or something.  I use Fast Sync and G-sync, and I have messed with every variation of v-sync, no sync, fast sync, and just flat out frame limitations.  Fast Sync is still my favorite, but all of them result in stuttering, to the point of me growing frustrated and just logging off.

I understand completely, as I was doing the same, logging on to stutter and try and fix it, then log off. I have found a temporary solution to mine for the moment although. After hoping that the Mirage prime Access patch would fix it, which it didn't, I started playing with settings again.

The fix I found for the time being is to limit my framerate and turn vsync off ingame and force it on in the Nvidia panel. I limit my frames to 30 right now, but there was a noticeable change even limiting it to 50 and 40 frames, though I know many people wouldn't like to play on a lower framerate. If you can stand lowering your frames though, I would definitley try it. I still get the occasional stutter that I see, but it is playable once again and hardly visible a majority of the time. 

• 2 weeks later...

OkamiLuna do you still have the issue?  I feel like mine has gone down significantly since the latest Nvidia driver update say 2 or 3 days ago...  I've been busy with Christmas stuff so I haven't been on as much, but I think that it seems to be better?

Also thanks for the update!  It always feels better to know that we aren't alone in these issues.

Edited by John_Aether

I've been so busy I didn't even notice there was an update. I did update however and it does seem smoother, not quite to the levels it was before the stutter, but better. I've reverted back to limiting my frames for now and it seems to remove all of the stutter I've had combined with the driver update. Or at least as far as I can tell and see. 

And thank you for the reply, I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes when these things happen and I can't find any info on them. 

I hope you are having a safe and good holiday season as well. :)