Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wallrun For Controller

Clessiah

With "hold jump to wallrun" disabled, my wallrun success rate decreased dramatically since I have to press jump again at the precise moment of when wallrun can be triggered, which is not as predictable as it can be. But if holding jump to wallrun on a controller is simply not an easy task if I ever want to perform wall to wall jump, wall melee attack or anything that requires moving the camera while wallrunning.

Other than showing "Press A to Wallrun" at the side of the screen like all those action console games, is it possible to have another option similar to disabling hold jump to wallrun; but instead of pressing jump again to cling onto a wall, the player double tab jump to initiate "wallrun mode" (simulating holding jump button) and disable wallrun mode by pressing jump button again (simulating letting go jump button). This way controller players can move the camera freely without trying to find the perfect timing to press jump just to fail half of the wallrun attempts.

Especially when sometimes the wallrun starts on its own without warning and I ended up jumping off the wall with that perfectly timed press of button which is supposed to initiate the wallrun; double tapping at the beginning of the jump should be able to solve this problem.

What do you mean "hold jump to wallrun" is disabled? I play with a controller and mine is still set to Hold to Wallrun. I wallrun and chain-wallrun just fine. Check under Keybindings (which, in itself, a weird place to put this toggle option), which has a tendency to reset to default with some updates.

Edited by ikabubu

this is what i did and it works like a charm:

swap out crouch/slide for jump on your right toggle stick. So when you try to run, you can press the right toggle to start the wall run and you can aim while keeping it pressed.

What do you mean "hold jump to wallrun" is disabled? I play with a controller and mine is still set to Hold to Wallrun. I wallrun and chain-wallrun just fine. Check under Keybindings (which, in itself, a weird place to put this toggle option), which has a tendency to reset to default with some updates.

I disabled it so I don't have to use index finger to change direction while wallrunning. While it is doable, it can never be considered as acceptable if released on PS4. So why not find some other solutions earlier?

I disabled it so I don't have to use index finger to change direction while wallrunning. While it is doable, it can never be considered as acceptable if released on PS4. So why not find some other solutions earlier?

Ah, I see. While it is ludicrous to use your index finger to change cameras while your thumb holds the jump button, I've become accustomed to it so much at this point.

It's strange, yes. Perhaps even silly, but I think it's part of that unique skill set I've developed for Warframe. It's almost like that kid I saw who would turn and hold his controller sideways just to do combos in Street Fighter 2 Turbo a looooong time ago in the mid-90's. It was a strange quirk, but it was unforgettable.

Edited by ikabubu