Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buffing Shock

CheeseHasLeafs

I was thinking, maybe it'd be a good idea to buff Volt's shock?

From what I can see, Volt and Excalibur are supposed to be the two primary frames that 'bring the pain'.

In comparison to Excalibur, Volt isn't really all that good. Currently the only really good offensive ability he's got is Overload, which many players have not unlocked, as it requires a reactor. Even then, people have reported that Overload been nerfed as of late.

Shock is really kind of useless at later levels. It only really affects one target, and when it actually chains, it only does so to one other target, and even then does not really damage it. Even the target it does damage often does not die at later levels.

Volt's description is a 'potent alternative to gunplay'. Currently, his most useful ability, the shield, supplements gunplay, and his base offensive ability, well, sucks.

Granted, it only takes 25 energy, but then again, so does Slash Dash. Slash Dash may be slightly OP, but it's still extremely useful. Not to mention, Shock does no damage to infested, which also have no ranged attacks, making Volt useless at fighting Infested.

Thanks for reading, please, consider it. It'd be greatly appreciated by Volt fans.

I strongly believe that direct damage powers will eventually be useless in lategame since their damage threshold will finally unable to keep up with enemy durability.

Shock should offers utility instead of direct damage. Make it reliably jumps to the next target(s) and stun 3-4 of them. It'll be both defensive and offensive power.