Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My breakdown of changes both in terms of mechanic and visual

CHEAT0S

Changes are needed for the clans and dojo's. I think there isn't any question of this. Below is my list and some explanations (if needed) on some of the reasoning behind what I propose. and ill section this by clan mechanics, role mechanics, and visual wishlist

CLAN MECHANICS

1.  absenteeism of clan founders. this policy of giving ppl the ability to boot a clan founder because life happens with no contact by DE is going to lead to some rather horrrid solutions. And I propose that there be a de facto leadership role enacted.
  • all leaders assign up to 3 people to be lead until the leader returns.
  • this role automatically becomes active if the leader is not on for a week.
  • clans with no leader at the moment would still neeed to apply for the temp role as they do now
  • once the leader resumes playing then the temp role is automatically removed
  • in the event the leader never returns then there is no issue with leadership as somebody already has it
  • If the clan founder is gone for 6 months and does not log in then the current temp leader can apply for ownership of the clan provided the following
    • the temp leader is one of the people the clan founder selected
    • that DE contact the clan founder via email  for the game acct and is given 2 weeks to reply
    • if the clan founder does not reply in those 2 weeks then ownership is transferred
    • anybody not on that lis will be given temp leader status regardless of time gone
    • clan founders cannot be removed from the clan, period.

This solves all the problems of leadership roles currently without discouraging clan founders from returning because they would still have a clan to return to. Also DE, keep in mind more clan leaders are likely to pay more money so there is that incentive to make this work. And too often i've seen the "but he isnt here, he left" argument to that i say life happens and pray it doesn't happen to you as well. Some leaders get deployed, or in a car accident, or their wife dies, or a hundred other things that you can only dream of or hope never happen to you. and that rationale is usually just a thin veneer for "I want it just because". What I propose is for the health of the clan not the well being of one's aspirations. It also prevents current leaders from feeling like they need to clear the roster to preserve the  fruits of their labor if they plan on being away from the game for a couple months. And consider that good clan leaders work harder to make that research get done (if they don't look me up in game and i'll show you a better clan) and are more willing to spend plat to get rooms finished. Alot of people think this seems unreasonable, and to them i say start a clan. because that will change their toon quickly.

2. Clan research should not only be accesable to any member but any member should be able to dictate new projects.

As a clan leader this has always been my policy since day 1. And there is no reason what so ever to throttle the ability to start a new project. this in turn lso lessens the desire to eliminate clan founders because the functionality of the clan will remain intact. Ive even read posts about clan leaders physically blocking access to research. This is preposterous. And to any member of a guild where this is happening look me up and ill get you in even if it means going up a rank or two. If clan leaders think that is the glue that holds them together then I'm sorry that you don't have cult of personality that is worth following.

3. More options in terms of assigning aspects of roles

• Best example of this would be giving the ability to build things, but not destroy, and further refined by they can destroy only what they build.

I had an example of this and its the first one in the history of my clan (since 2013) where i had a new member blow up a good portion of my dojo because he mistakenly thought that he would get the resources, When my second in command got on the damage was done. Building has always been given to players since day one in my clan. I dont want to take that away but at the same time example like I mentioned could be happening elsewhere and needlessly so. While i recognize the fact that it this could happen i never really thought it would. This needs to be addressed with more defined functions preferably in a revamped roles screen.

4. A detailed clan log with access to the log assignable by the clan leader

Obviously the clan leader would be able to see who did what and where. In the example in numbr 3 I found it really frustrating that there was no place neither I nor my second could find out who had done this immediately, for the life of me i cant see why this was never a function of the clans to begin with. you can see who's contributed to research at a glance, and see who is recruiting more new people. these are important when considering to to move up in a clan or not.

CLAN ROLES

This is a list of either added function or options i would like to see broken down by existing roles. All role specific changes the leader would also inherit

• WARLORD
    • The ability to assign de feacto leader roles (up to 3) if absent
    • The ability to override and command given regarding research, building, and destruction of rooms/decorations
    • access to a comprehensive clan log and ability to assign this to others
  • ARCHITECT
    • The ability to prohibit spaces from being built in (because you plan on building something there in the future)
    • Build/destruction override capability
    • assign build and destroy as separate functions
    • create a future build template
    • create a global wall palette they can assign and exclude certain rooms from (they will still need to all be paid for though before change happens)
  • TECH
    • in my opinion this needs removal and all clan members should have access to research as well as the ability to start projects (the leader can assign override functions)
  • TREASURER
    • This role needs removal
    • have the tax rate be assignable to players by the leader
    • allow anybody to contribute
    • have the balance of clan resources be part of the functionality of the clan log

VISUAL/DECORATION/ROOMS

And finally the fun stuff. Personally I like the decorating of my clan's main hall (expensive as it is) but overall there needs to be some things added in. So here is my probably ever growing list.

• SIGNS!!!
    • i would like to have a ability to but large noticeable signs much like the leader board in the obstacle course
    • a floor map or directory of that floor, mine has three floors and i would imagine others have more
    • a scrolling MOTD type sign (programmable by leader and assignable per sign to others
  • global wall pallette
  • more options for grassy areas
  • more variations of trees (such as a cherry tree and/or blossoming cherry)
  • projection if scenery to walls
    • someting like a shot of a mountain but let us use our codex scanner to take the shot
  • A overhead lights dimmer switch
    • seriously are you telling me in the far flung future this is considered lost tech?
  • Rooms
    • a simulricum for the dojo (make it a research project)
      • have there be a gallery to watch who is in ther, this would help alot oin teaching new players when to pop skills etc
      • make it 4 person co op but no exp is gained from combat in the room
    • crew quarters
      • make the room in 2 sizes 1/4th the size of a regular room and an officers quarters which is 1/2.
      • these rooms would be assignable and the players they are assigned to has full control over that room to build anything in it or destroy it but not the room itself

Thats all I have for now but ill probably edit the hell out of this. Put in additional ideas below, lets keep this on topic please