Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taking Cover + Peeking Around Corners And Thoughts On Rolling After Landing

-CM-Hovertricycle

After playing the game for quite a while now, there are a few changes that I think would greatly benefit the gameplay and enjoyablility.

-Being able to take cover and peek/shoot around corners. Come on, you know this would be awesome and makes perfect sense.  You guys pulled this off really really well in Dark Sector.

-I've also noticed that rolling when landing on the ground can get really frustrating, and is oftentimes completely unnecessary - such as when sprinting down a couple steps, hardly enough to necessitate a rolling landing.  I feel like there should be a height minimum of about a meter or so, otherwise I would love to continue running.  Nothing is more annoying, however, than jumping UP to a platform and executing a roll. Makes absolutely no sense and has the potential to be extremely disruptive.

I have finally fulfilled my duty as a beta-tester and put forth some meaningful feedback!

<3 u guise

The thing is, Dark Sector turned out the way it did because of publisher's fear of new ideas. If DE had full control of their idea, it would have been much like Warframe would be now: without cover since it takes away from the fast-paced gameplay; same with the corner system.

As for the rolling, I'm ok with it on the most part, but I also agree that there are times it is rather odd.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

-Being able to take cover and peek/shoot around corners. Come on, you know this would be awesome and makes perfect sense.  You guys pulled this off really really well in Dark Sector.

I think I remember the devs specifically stating they were against a cover system because it would complicate the game's controls and reduce the fluidity of gameplay.

My only wish is for switching the camera position between shoulders to reverse the grip of the gun. You can shoot around a corner to your right without exposing yourself too much. But even if you put the camera over your left shoulder your weapon stays on against your right shoulder, and forces you to step all the way out of cover to take a shot to the left of a piece of cover.

Edited by A5PECT

I wouldn't mind some sticky cover in this game.  There are times when I just want to do as you say and peek around the corner.  Being that enemies literally come from all angles, I don't really see this as a huge advantage, just a convenience.  I could go either way, but I'd love sticky cover.

And yeah I agree, the rolls on lands need to be toned down a bit.  What seems like should be a skip to the Tenno ends up in a dramatic unnecessary roll.

+1

My only wish is for switching the camera position between shoulders to reverse the grip of the gun. You can shoot around a corner to your right without exposing yourself too much. But even if you put the camera over your left shoulder your weapon stays on against your right shoulder, and forces you to step all the way out of cover to take a shot to the left of a piece of cover.

Try the 'H' key...