Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Manually "optimize" download cache?

Bibliothekar

Question

5 answers to this question

I mean, CACHE means TEMPORARY STORAGE, right? So you should be fine deleting it if you need the space. Yeah, that's how any reasonable person would do it. DE, on the other hand, uses their flipping cache to store all the flipping game files. Anything that isn't the launcher is in there. So now I'm downloading 17GB again. And I thought the guys in my project group this semester were bad … At least they have the excuse that they're still learning both German and Software Design.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Well if you do you'll spend more time downloading stuff, I think what the launcher is ACTUALLY doing is check every single file there and validate them to make sure they match what was SUPPOSED to be there. But I don't really know why that would be helpful so.. I guess.. just delete it, yea. Unless you have really slow internet, then optimizing is actually better.

Strictly speaking, cache just means auxiliary, not the primary.  From google definition search: an auxiliary memory from which high-speed retrieval is possible.

It may be common practice to use a cache temporarily, but that isn’t a required practice.  

The more general definition just means something hidden.

How to switch off this function AT ALL FOREVER?

or any tricks - or i can just delete all cache my self?

While "it optimize" i get feeling of "should i delete game for some time when DE will fix it?.." (1500h player here)

PS. i guess i can redownload whole game much faster of this "cache optimization"

Edited by ScorpyX

Usually I'm in awe of quality of DE's programming but this time they've done goofed. Cannot play after patch, simply uninstalled the game. Probably will return couple weeks later - or months maybe (Eidolon gameplay is an exceptional lackluster anyway).

Way to go, DE.

Edited by Spell