Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 11 Test - background can be confusing for platforming

Leo.doodling

I recently tried to do the MR 11 test. One of the main problems I had was determining where the platforms were that you need to jump on. In the fast pace of trying to get to the next platform before the time ran out I kept jumping to what I thought was a platform but was just background art. Maybe it was just me but this confusion left me rather frustrated.

I wish the platforms you could actually jump on had some thickness to them, some solidity. They are so paper thin that they can be difficult to see from certain angles.

Also the background could be blurred a bit or colors less prominent so that those blocky shapes in the background of the test zone don't get confusing in the heat of the moment.

i think it has mostly to do with your monitor/graphiv settings because i didnt have any problems when running the test myself

but i keep my game rather dark because i play a lot during the night :/ 

I do agree that even when brightless is low the MR test tileset is bright af.

16 hours ago, HaydenFarha said:

i think it has mostly to do with your monitor/graphiv settings because i didnt have any problems when running the test myself

but i keep my game rather dark because i play a lot during the night :/ 

I do agree that even when brightless is low the MR test tileset is bright af.

It's not the OP monitor, it's the new visual design of tests. It's frankly absurdly bad. Like they deliberately tried to make it hard to see platforms. It needs to change.

On 12/20/2017 at 11:12 AM, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

Yeah, I had this issue as well.  I failed it twice actually, and then went to practice at Cephalon Simaris to learn where the platforms are.  It was much easier then.  Also, don't worry about shooting all of the targets.  Don't waste time on them if you miss in the first shot or two.

Yeah thanks, practicing it worked out. What messed me up is that one platform that slowly moves upwards. Hard to tell with all the little squares moving around the world and the background didn't make me realize I just had to stand there for a bit. But practicing got me to figure it all out.