Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Again) Booster Timers..

ALL.CAPS.GUY

simple, to the point, these dam things need to only count down WHILE THE PLAYER IS ONLINE.
i bought the 3 day, figured i'd farm out a couple hundred k credits and a pile of lvls on some stuff for mastery.. nooouuuuuuuuu, i logged in and lost 13 hours. sorry i have a life? now i have to be punished by having my platinum taken from me because i have a job and friends and family and s**t to fix at home and do oil changes on my car and tune ups and fix the kitchen sink and so on?!?

and yes, i suggest an adjustment on the clocks. no, not 72 hours of login time for 40 plat. but readjust the timers so say it's 25 hours for 25 plat or something.

Edited by BIackLotus

hello. i don't believe i ever said i was under the impression i got IN GAME hours for what i paid.

although, the point of this is just that, i would very much like (as many others would) to be able to USE what i pay for. e.g. having the timers and prices adjusted so that it does only run while players are logged in.

point i'm making is that RL comes first for all humanity, unless someone somehow found a way to upload their consciousness to the net and can play and live there infinitely. when things happen IRL and u can't "play", then u just lost what u paid for.

sorry for being human. sorry for having a life. sorry for living with my significant other and having to fix s**t around the house and my car. sorry i have work, as i have 2 jobs. sorry for being a responsible adult?

Does it say ingame hours? No? Don't complain then.

i complain because no other game i've played penalizes a player for being offline.

Edited by BIackLotus

I get your point, same thing happened to me, I got the steam pack.

The only logic I can think of to make them use real-time is to make you play more, which I did a bit but I'd say I only got about half the use out of them. Perhaps the idea is to make you buy more platinum for them but I don't know why you would. Surely it is irrelevant to use real time hours for these as you would end up playing more to use up your booster if it was in game hours instead. There afterward someone might then buy another one.

You can essentially buy one, login for a minute, logout and re-log in 3 days and you will have simply wasted the platinum. I can see why using real time for the foundry etc is a smart idea to get platinum but I'm not understanding how this benefits that goal. You will never get the full benefit of the booster unless you play constantly over 3 days, should that really be encouraged?

If you buy a month of pay-tv you don't complain that the program is still running when you walk the dog, mow the lawn or sleep. After a month it's over, if you watched a single minute or not. Same with boosters.

Buy them if you know you will play alot during that time because if you don't you just lose plat.

I agree that lower priced boosters with shorter durations would be better or a switch to "ingame hours".

I would have no problem switching to the methods other games use, however it would probably turn into 1 hour or other ridiculously short durations. I definitely have no problem with the current way, however, I just make sure to buy them on a friday so I have all weekend. The last time I bought an Affinity Booster? Two transformers exploded and killed the power to my entire block for 24 hours, merely hours into playing. I was lucky it wasn't an event weekend.

If you buy a month of pay-tv you don't complain that the program is still running when you walk the dog, mow the lawn or sleep. After a month it's over, if you watched a single minute or not. Same with boosters.

Buy them if you know you will play alot during that time because if you don't you just lose plat.

I agree that lower priced boosters with shorter durations would be better or a switch to "ingame hours".

no i completely understand. u pay monthly for cable service and all the while ur cable is on, whether ur watching it or not. truth be told tho, the cable co. can't tell if ur actually watching tv by ur TV being on or off.

however, cable services, or pandora radio, or whatever the case may be is always there and always at access.. (whereas video games kind of are but kind of aren't. sure as hell not this grind fest, that's for sure. it requires serious time investment, not like u can just sit down and play 15-20 mins at a time..) sure, u can't watch ur home tv channels from work, but ur pc is still on and connected to the net and likely running a game while ur afk, or dl'ing something, etc etc - even ur boyfriend / girlfriend / husband / wife, roommate, brother, etc etc could randomly turn on the TV and go "yayyyy let's go science channel" or whatever.

the difference is that this being a game and all. boosters only do u good while ur playing. i've played games that had timed boosters (X times exp for X hours) but even then, when u buy them via the CS they only counted while a player was online. u could be in merchant mode selling stuff (mmorpg) or mobbing, or just standing afk in town. online is online and booster timer is in countdown. but never in my years of playing mmo's since the days of diablo can i remember having my paid items continue counting down while i'm offline.

my grandmother's in the hospital after having heart surgery just the other day, and say for example, since she's ok now, i buy a booster to stack on the 2x affin weekend, something goes wrong and she takes a turn for the worst, i'm going to the hospital and i may stay there until she's better.. so then DE would literally have penalized me for having a bleeding heart for a family member in ill condition. what sense does that make?

people on the whole expect to at least get what they pay for. it wouldn't be so bad if plat prices weren't such a steep rate, but it is.

u expect to get what u pay for. i'm not asking for 72 hours of in game time for 40 plat - as i mentioned, a readjustment to both time and cost would be best. DE still gets paid, ppl still buy boosters, and at that, even more than before because they're actually getting what they paid for, which in turn inclines ppl to buy MORE boosters due to that whole "sense of accomplishment" deal that most of humanity suffers from.

an angel descends from the sky, parted clouds, wings, halo, the whole 9 yards. he looks upon u and says "oh yee of 2 legs.. i will answer any question and give u all the answers of the universe IF u can grow wings and fly with me so that we couldst have such conversation among the skies."

i'd literally respond "dude, total jipp - that's not an evolutionary option for my species, u d**k head"

edit: well, i'd go to hell and never see said angel again cuz i called him a d*** head so i wouldn't get the answers i sought anyway. but i think that might be a bit far for most ppl to grasp.. i have ADD and idk how i even managed to link that to the point of the post lmao.

Edited by BIackLotus