Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe] Maw, Gravity Based Support Warframe

DarkXanatos

Maw

The Maw harnesses the power of gravity, similar to how a black hole works, to hinder his enemies and aid himself and his allies. He is meant to be a medium range Warframe; that is fleet of foot yet durable without overshadowing other frames on either end of the spectrum. His support capabilities are designed to make running missions smoother for all Tenno involved.

Height: 5'10”

Appearance: Trim and muscular

Stats

HP: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Shield: 100 (250 at rank 30)

Power: 100 (200 at rank 30)

Armor: 80

Sprint: 1.10

Polarities: x4, x1, x1

Aura Polarity:

Graviton (Ultimate)- Maw manipulates gravity to create a time dilation affect, similar to how a black hole affects space. Slows enemies speed, reaction time, and attack rate. [75 energy] [Mod space 8]

Gravity Disruption- A narrow, but long range cone, erupts forth knocking all enemies down. Any ally, including the Maw, moving along the cones path is sped up. [50 energy] [Mod space 6]

Gravitational Thrust- Gives the Maw a speed boost and causes all projectile ammo fired to move faster. Thus dealing more damage. [50 energy/ or 25 energy] [Mod space 5]

-If soloing, the effect only affects him and costs less energy.

-Could potentially stack with Volt's speed boost. Providing a melee and a ranged weapon boost.

Grav Distortion- The Maw surrounds himself and his allies with a field that slows movement of energy and physical objects passing nearby. [50 energy] [Mod space 4]

-This will render knock down effects useless, slow enemy movement to or past a Maw and or allies, and will slow enemy melee attacks. Corpus energy weapons will move a bit slower as well, potentially providing for a neat effect.

Note: I do realize that two of the abilities are similar to ones held by the Banshee and Volt. Yet, I believe they are different enough and or can be complimentary to the two existing abilities.

Note: I'm looking to draw up some concept art and add flavor text to the abilities as time permits.

Constructive Criticism Welcome

Edited by DarkXanatos

Huh, pretty interesting actually, tho some of the skills maybe needs some modification, can't think of anything yet tho.

Also, it sounds more like he controls time more than gravity.

But yeah, interesting, looking forward to see some concept art!

[EDIT]: Maybe his ulti could be that he puts out an AoE, where every enemy that's in that area gets slowed down and maybe deal some damage over time? And that area is from the outside (when you stand outside of it and look at it) some blurry aura or something.

Edited by Crewbanger

Interesting note, there. I can see why you would think he controls time. I think, though, his control over gravity will be clearer after I make some flavor text.

I see each ability, especially his ultimate and Gravity Disruption as him essentially making the gravity in the area heavy and thus slowing or outright knocking foes to the floor.

Earth is considered by scientists to have a normal level of gravity. Not too light, which would cause us to float away or at the very least to allow us great acrobatic feats. Heavy gravity would weigh us down and make physical activity strenuous at best, impossible at worst.

Thus I see Maw as making enemies suffer from heavy gravity, and Tenno benefiting from light gravity.

Edit: I envision his Ultimate as an AoE. As for damage, I intentionally stayed away from damage. I wanted him to be primarily a support Warframe like Loki is. Loki deals no damage with any of his abilities. Yet Decoy can be a lifesaver.

Edited by DarkXanatos

The cost of his ultimate was intentional since it doesn't deal any damage to enemies. Perhaps it still deserves a 100, because it hinders them. For now, my intent was to create an ultimate which was still very cool, yet not one that was beefy in a damage sense; which is the majority of ultimate's. I lowered the mod space essentially for the same reason, as its not a massive ultimate. Thus I don't think it deserved a 10.

Edit: I have changed Maw to utilize gravity like that of a black hole. Since black holes are theorized to slow time and alter gravity, it can 'realistically' meld the time element into the abilities; which people seem to be thinking the abilities are based upon.

Edited by DarkXanatos