Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Salvaging, Junk Shop and Capsules?

Dansongier

After reading though some of the Feedback about the Reactor/Catalyst/Slots problem. Thought about this(considering it doesnt get removed)

Salvaging, instend of just selling the item/Warframe for credits, you can have the option of Salvaging it. When doing so, it of course, destroys the item, but in return you get craftable pieces back. The higher level the item, the better the salvage, just to be fair. If you have used a Reactor/Catalyst in it, you have a high chance to get it back(also adding in the Level of the weapon to increase that chance)

Example: Level 30 weapon + Catalyst=90%-95% of getting it back. On top of this, we could add in certain items that aren't use for crafting but only able to sell for credits or Salvage.(Like.. Found Broken Machine gun + Salvage = Random Machine gun Blueprint, few things toward making it, and depending on where found, small chance to get Catalyst)

Junk shop: This would be like a random Merchant, maybe even a completely different race that is neutral to all Factions or Grineer that doesn't care. At this shop, there are only random items the merchant is trading for(Maybe like 3 every 12-24 hours) and this merchant will only trade random items for said item.(Example: 150 Nano spores,Neuro Sensor, Cronus Blueprint for a Loki Helmet*whole or Blueprint*) Sometimes he can have bad deals, othertimes golden. Keeping it limited to a max of like 3 items its trading for per day makes it so its not completely easy to get everything you need. This can be an alterative to Forging. If anything it could be a rare chance the merchant is selling a whole item, and Blue prints are more just uncommon, that way Forging is still a solid factor of gameplay.

Capsules:When thinking of Capsules, I was thinking more along the lines of an item that give you a random item.(Yes, more Chance stuff) These can be rare drops from common enemies and uncommon from bosses. Of course, Catalyst and Reactors can be more of a rare drop in these but making them not complete hell to obtain. Could maybe even add in a blueprint for it that only takes like 30mins-1hr to craft using some other random drops. Maybe even make them buyable with credits and add in different grades of Capsules(Higher grades=higher chance of rare/usable items)

These were just somethings that were running though my head after reading a bit around. What do you think?

There was another topic going around about getting back your orokin stuff should you choose to destroy a supercharged item. Salvaging wouldn't be easy to do because I assume you would be getting already in-game resources back, not new random junk that would only take up more organizational space in our cluttered inventory system, and that is because if you have a mod how do you determine what resources it breaks down into? Let's say I have a Loki mod that breaks down and I really need Rubedo but turns out it only gave me nano spores. Randomized would be your only option there but its like playing the lottery.

Having some sort of merchant outside of the game/cash shop would be good to have random items that are involved in flash sales. They only last for a short amount of time and might be insanely expensive, but the item could be too good to pass up. The quantity is always one per player though, so you can't buy multiple orokin reactors or warframes, or perhaps have an overall limited supply for a first come first serve basis among the players. These flash deals may last say twenty minutes and would involve one special item, while the rest of the store cycles every hour or two with new resources etc.

To make it an effective store though, there needs to be more in-game content accessible with just in-game currency.

I wouldn't mind a random box idea as a different item to find in-game, perhaps have different levels of rareness which can affect what items they might give you.

More content and more choices the better. All of this mentioned here doesn't have to have anything to do with platinum which is good.

There was another topic going around about getting back your orokin stuff should you choose to destroy a supercharged item. Salvaging wouldn't be easy to do because I assume you would be getting already in-game resources back, not new random junk that would only take up more organizational space in our cluttered inventory system, and that is because if you have a mod how do you determine what resources it breaks down into? Let's say I have a Loki mod that breaks down and I really need Rubedo but turns out it only gave me nano spores. Randomized would be your only option there but its like playing the lottery.

Having some sort of merchant outside of the game/cash shop would be good to have random items that are involved in flash sales. They only last for a short amount of time and might be insanely expensive, but the item could be too good to pass up. The quantity is always one per player though, so you can't buy multiple orokin reactors or warframes, or perhaps have an overall limited supply for a first come first serve basis among the players. These flash deals may last say twenty minutes and would involve one special item, while the rest of the store cycles every hour or two with new resources etc.

To make it an effective store though, there needs to be more in-game content accessible with just in-game currency.

I wouldn't mind a random box idea as a different item to find in-game, perhaps have different levels of rareness which can affect what items they might give you.

More content and more choices the better. All of this mentioned here doesn't have to have anything to do with platinum which is good.

Thanks for the feedback. I do like the idea of the flash sale as well. Majority of the idea was just more of a gamble anyway. Considering alot of people max out weapons then sell them for Mastery points anyway, just felt instend of just getting credits, they have another alternative.