Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolytes, no mod reward if dead

2wid

So I'm logging in to play WF during Christmas, all in really good mood because you know Christmas, playing because I want to have some fun. We kill the Acolyte, we get the mod, I accidentally die before completing the mission, not a big deal. In the score screen rest of my team is cheering we got Maiming Strike, I don't have it for some reason. People inform me that if I died after killing acolyte and receiving reward I automatically lost the mod... well, good to know. Especially after running this mission countless times. Suddenly all my Christmas mood is gone, and all I want to do is log out and forget about this game.

Is it so difficult to give us information during the loading screen with the 'rules of certain mission'? Tell us when the mission is considered failed, or not. I'm sick and tired with other players telling me about how to do things correctly in this game after I did something wrong, while there could be some kind of information given to me beforehand, so I would know what to expect.

I basically wasted few hours trying to get that damned mod only to fail when I finally got it because of some hidden rule I did not know about?! How is that for discouraging on your list.

And no I don't want to receive the mod as some kind of compensation for that, I wanted to acquire it in a fair in-game way, and if I can't do it that way so be it.

That's me ranting for today, over and out.

While I normally rant at people for expecting to have everything handed to them on a silver platter and having to do no testing, reading, etc, I agree with you here.

It is not intuitive, or explained anywhere, that being dead at the end of certain missions has consequences. I've previously seen relic rewards being withheld for this, now acolytes act the same way, but the problem is this isn't consistent or predictable. You still get normal mission rewards like relics, credits, endo, etc if you are dead. And people use this to extract faster if they die on the way to extract (the just let the last person extract alone so they don't have to wait for people to run all the way). So, just deciding a couple things don't follow this trend, and in a seemingly random way of choosing (especially considering the acolyte drop is otherwise handled as a mod, which normally would persist) is wrong. 
Sorry about your loss, and I hope they at least make their choices like this consistent and predictable, if not more.