Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode Draining Both Energy And Shields Is Too Much.

FractalMind

Thread title says it all.

This has probably been said in other places, but I frankly CBA to track the threads down.

Whenever I enter a nightmare mission and find that I can't use powers and have no shields, I quit it. These missions are no fun and the disability is far too severe compared to other nightmare missions. Put simply, there is no point playing missions of this type as they are pretty much impossible to complete.

Having no shields would be a decent incapacity, it would make Trinity useful for her healing.

Having no ability to use energy would be a decent incapacity as it would encourage caution and gunplay.

Combining these two incapacities is a recipe for fail.

They aren't impossible, it's called Nightmare for a reason, i understand it's challenging and hard but that is the point, personally i really enjoyed No HUD + No Shields + Energy Drain Defense, made it fun and people had to really work together to complete the mission. Nightmares adding challenge gives people a bigger sense of teamwork. Sadly No HUD was removed, i try to see both sides of a post but people wanting challenge but not too much, sounds just so wishy washy.

Edited by Masu.Buu

So you want nightmare mode (You know "Hard Mode") made easier. I personally love it. The game is to easy as it is. Creating these more difficult options/handicaps are a great way to test yourself and not just run around pressing 4 to win. Using the map features and not just running into the center of a group of enemies creates a more skilled playstyle.

So you want nightmare mode (You know "Hard Mode") made easier.

Don't put words in my mouth. It's unhygeinic. ;)

I actually want nightmare mode to be harder, but I want the nightmare modes to be of somewhat comparable difficulty. Removing the shields and energy of the players at the same time is ridiculously unbalanced with making them jump higher and making them immortal by giving them a huge amount of health for every kill (ok, so the health goes down over time, but the regained health more than compensates for this and any other damage taken).

The point that I tried to make and that was completely missed is that making the game into a purely health based shooter while retaining infinite spawns who shoot with high accuracy is a nightmare mode that is above and beyond all the other nightmare modes. It currently has it's own place in the scaling of difficulty with the game. The game is on the first floor, this nightmare mode is above the rooftops.

Why waste my time on a crazy hard nightmare mode with a group of people whose only way to survive is to stick together (and they are all trained by the rest of the game to run off and kill-steal)? The obvious alternative is to quit the mission and then embark on one of the stupidly easy alternative nightmare modes.