Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Display Duplicate Mods In Equipment Window

Denvert

As the title says, this is yet another solution to clean up the mod window and making equipping and unequipping mods a bit quicker than it is nowadays. The problem is, that you have to scroll through thousands of similar mods to either get past them or look for a certain level of the mod you want to install. So if you just display one of every duplicate, you'd have a much better overview over your mods and find the desired one much quicker. You can't equip the same twice, so the duplicates just take up space in the equipping window.

You can't equip the same twice, so the duplicates just take up space in the equipping window.

They don't, though. I have two similar mods but at different levels so I can use them on lower level items before I get them to higher level.

But apart from that, maybe rank 1 mods shouldn't be there, because you are right in that there are so many pages that it's close to becoming an actual book.

They don't, though. I have two similar mods but at different levels so I can use them on lower level items before I get them to higher level.

Omg, Is it too hard to understand for you, mr. design council member, that if you have similar (for example 2 Vitality) mods but with different levels, it's not duplicate, so they should display?

Yeah, if you have different levels of the same mod, they are not exact duplicates anymore and so they are still displayed. So you'd have a quick overview over the different levels of that mod you possess and equip the one you want/need.

Omg, Is it too hard to understand for you, mr. design council member, that if you have similar (for example 2 Vitality) mods but with different levels, it's not duplicate, so they should display?

I still think the same mods but at different levels are considered duplicates.  People cannot equip one level 1 mod and one level 2 with the same name on one warframe.  Also, the two different leveled mods may still be considered duplicates in the mod screen, but I haven't checked this.

I still think the same mods but at different levels are considered duplicates.  People cannot equip one level 1 mod and one level 2 with the same name on one warframe.  Also, the two different leveled mods may still be considered duplicates in the mod screen, but I haven't checked this.

Double Omg. People, Do you even try to understand what others write? We're talking about display but not about ability to put similar mods with different levels into Warframe mod slots. You couldn't do this anyway. We're talking about convenience. If you have 10 Vitality mods with 0lvl, 5 Vitality mods with 2lvl and 1 maxed Vitality mod, then you would see only 1 Vitality mod with 0lvl, only 1 Vitality mod with 2lvl and only 1 maxed Vitality mod in mod customization window of your frame. But no all of them as now. So, you wouldn't have to thumb through dozens of pages and waste your priceless time to find mod with level that you need.

This suggestion does not apply to the general window of modules where you can make fusion process or sell mods.

This suggestion is only for mod customization window of frames and weapons.

Edited by AntLion

Yeah, you're right, I did miss that part. You are a colossal butt the size of a small planet, but you are right. My bad.

Edited by Tarudizer

Yeah, you're right, I did miss that part. You are a colossal butt the size of a small planet, but you are right. My bad.

Ha-Ha. I know I'm right. Thanks for your butthurt and understanding, mr. design council member. I so appreciate it. Don't miss anything important and obvious in the next time.

We look forward to you. The future of Warframe is in your hands! :P

Edited by AntLion

The entire UI really needs a look at, especially when we keep getting more and more different types of mods, so it is a good idea. Options to display certain types of mods etc would be neat.

Ha-Ha. I know I'm right. Thanks for your butthurt and understanding, mr. design council member. I so appreciate it. Don't miss anything important and obvious in the next time.

We look forward to you. The future of Warframe is in your hands! :P

Huh. By the sound of things, you must have an innate superpower no one else has, which is to never ever be mistaken. Atleast, that's what it sounds like. While I usually don't fuel trolls, I'm fairly certain the butthurt one here is you. I'm as calm as I can be, while you are displaying the mannarism and rudeness of a baboon. Doesn't effect me the slightest, just bounces off really, but it's quite fascinating. "mr. design council member", haha

Thread derailed quickly, get back on track people. (I think that) All mods of the same type should stack onto each other in the UI, and could be expanded to show the different tiers and amount of each simply by clicking on the stack. This would make it even easier to navigate, and it would give the UI a more "card-like" feel.

Huh. By the sound of things, you must have an innate superpower no one else has, which is to never ever be mistaken. Atleast, that's what it sounds like. While I usually don't fuel trolls, I'm fairly certain the butthurt one here is you. I'm as calm as I can be, while you are displaying the mannarism and rudeness of a baboon. Doesn't effect me the slightest, just bounces off really, but it's quite fascinating. "mr. design council member", haha

Really? Oh, Bad boy, I haven't insulted you. At least so rude. The next time you should be thinner. I'm not gonna kiss you in &#! when I'm talking about obvious things and you can't understand them. If you have access to design council you must have brains as well. Not only money.

Anyway I'm really glad if you finally catched this idea about mod UI. It's only what I want: to make Warframe better. I love idea of this game. But I don't like realization in some cases atm.

Thread derailed quickly, get back on track people. (I think that)

I'm really sorry about that.

Thread derailed quickly, get back on track people. (I think that) All mods of the same type should stack onto each other in the UI, and could be expanded to show the different tiers and amount of each simply by clicking on the stack. This would make it even easier to navigate, and it would give the UI a more "card-like" feel.

Not bad. I don't like very much card-like mods because it looks weird in this sci-fi game. But I can deal with it if it will become comfortable. Too bad you're not in design council.

Edited by AntLion