The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Rifle - Get It Or Don't?

TheTenno

Question

Recently saw a video and an article about Flux Rifle (well that's a long time ago but I recently paid more attention on that thing). Is it worth it for all the efforts?

According to what I've read and see..

- Damage is high, but not as high as my Sobek / Hek (It deals 200 dps, but I think with accelerated Blast and shotgun spazz, my sobek can deal more than 200 dps)

- It burns a hell lot of ammo

- Requires a great amount of materials

And surprisingly even though many people see it as a good weapon and OP weapon I rarely see it during my games.

I have forma-ed my Sobek once, and currently leveling it up to fit in more mods, including a maxed Tactical Pump.

So...What do you guys think? Is it a good weapon? how good is it?

I know Sobek itself isn't a gun of perfection, and Flux is a research weapon, meaning it's a special weapon. But.. for a people who hasn't invested many times on it, should I build, potato, and even forma the Flux Rifle? I just got to mastery rank 5 atm...so it's a little bit close to get to 6.

Edited by TheTenno

14 answers to this question

I did get mine and never regret it ever since. Biggest satisfactory when u laser something. I potatoed mine and formad twice and I intend to forma it even more. It was my goal even before the recent buff so I might be biased but I really love this gun and can only recommend. I see it often on people when playing too.

Also remember that Serration goes higher than Point Blank and Flux Rifles attacks are not affected by armor.

Edited by Enigma-Salad

best rifle ever :p  i use it all the time because 100% accuracy so you can aim at weak point and melt anything in a few seconds even the 120+ in the last wave of void t3 def, it has stagger effect on almost everything so you can control a pack of ancient and melt them without taking damage

if you have the rifle ammo mutation you have no problem in defense

I did get mine and never regret it ever since. Biggest satisfactory when u laser something. I potatoed mine and formad twice and I intend to forma it even more. It was my goal even before the recent buff so I might be biased but I really love this gun and can only recommend. I see it often on people when playing too.

Also remember that Serration goes higher than Point Blank and Flux Rifles attacks are not affected by armor.

At the price of Serration being more of a pain to level.

Get it. For reals, yo.

I just got to mastery rank 5 atm...so it's a little bit close to get to 6.

You get it with rank 7, but with this weekend exp bonus you should be able to hit it pretty soon (given you have enough stuff to level)

Get it. For reals, yo.

You get it with rank 7, but with this weekend exp bonus you should be able to hit it pretty soon (given you have enough stuff to level)

Rank 6, not seven. I'm rank six and I have a flux rifle. I think acrid, supra and lanka require rank 7

Thanks. Thanks for all.

I'm pretty sure I'd get it but the situation is really tough. I'm back in work and hardly had any time playing Warframe.

I have a level 0 Serration, but I haven't got Split chamber and Vital Sense. I'd probably gonna get those mods first leveled up and getting all prepared before building it.

After all, I'd get to rank 6 if I leveld up all my weapons and my Vauban & Rhino. But still a long way.. I had 27000 mastery point left!

But I assure you I'm gonna get that. Unless.....in my future journey it is nerfed and a new weapon is considered better than Flux Rifle.

I have one formad three times. Max rank ammo conversion mod + max rank puncture mod turn the flux rifle into an amazing weapon. High DPS, can hit multiple enemies at once, unlimited ammo. Very nice.

you don't put vital sense on it !!!

i have mine formaed 5 times

serrations r7, split chamber r5, piercing hit r5,  hellfire r5, cryo rounds r5, wildfire r4

rifle ammo mutation r4, bane of insert-ennemy-type r5 or metal auger r4 ( aim thin parts like arms legs but i don't like it )

Rank 6, not seven. I'm rank six and I have a flux rifle. I think acrid, supra and lanka require rank 7

Damn, my bad. I really thought it was 7, seeing as how nearly all other dojo weapons require rank 7 I naturally just thought it was. That's mildy annoying, #1 I was wrong, and #2 I could have had that for quite a while!

Edited by Tarudizer

you don't put vital sense on it !!!

It's actually a very powerful crit-based weapons...does 200% crit damage. With Point Strike it has a 12.5% crit chance, and with max crit mods thats +180% crit damage. It fires so fast that it crits all the damn time with Point Strike, and those crits do really nice damage. Modding Flux Rifle for crits is very viable.

ok guys I need a expert on this one:

How does multishot proc work on this; does it proc per trigger fire or per tick?

if it only procs per trigger pull; is it worth using over a pure dps mod?

Edited by ADDpillz