Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Should Be A Way To Rank Up Mods (More Than Max)

DeathByTeaCup

okay so here is my idea..

i will use focus to  demonstrate my point

so focus can go up to 30% damage and then it maxes out. so my idea is that there is a rare item in the void that drops at the end for the reward mission.. maybe off a void boss :)

anyway so it simply adds a peg to the mod so then u may level the mod up further.. this way it would add a way to level even further than normally. it would be great for players who have not much else to do..

so to level focus from 4 to 5 would take the same amount of mods as 5 to 6.. (could be the same formula as normally) however this would be come costly otherwise.. and i mean for example serration taking 2000+ mods to level again :)

thoughts?

Edited by DeathByTeaCup

Well there is a limit on how far we can go, in terms of fighting that is.. And i think there should be a higher monster level and a divide between people who can’t fight level 100s and people who can.. Now currently we can only effectively kill around level 70.. and by this i don’t mean what we can actually kill but I’m talking about taking 100 shots to kill an ancient is a little crazy... <--- this is about where most players end up (near top tier currently) where some can do slightly more damage with very select guns.. Now they can maybe kill level 90s.. And that’s max.

AGAIN i stress the fact that the group might be able to kill level 130s or something like that. but there is a point that every unit is a bullet sponge and takes a very long time to kill.. so my idea is to break that gap and add a system that allows you to actually kill those higher level enemies..

now i understand that if u are really op where u could one shot level 50s or something that it might break the game. However!! i would like to also see a way for higher level tiers that the rewards are maybe higher.. Therefor it promotes to actually do higher level missions... Or it can drop new mats that make better weapons

MY idea is about expanding the game and breaking away from the idea that all weapons work (they don’t) and that all Warframes are just as good as each other (they are not) and have tier play that branches away from 1 level of items/frames.

Edited by DeathByTeaCup

You mean bring back the days of the ridiculous stats the old mod system had?

*sigh* I miss that +400% multi shot mod I had on the Gorgon

nope... because there would be no way that you could rank up split chamber enough times to get it there.. it would be so expensive and i would like to think some would take more mods each time (like the normal system) however something like serration taking 2000 mods then 4000 mods is just insane..

so to level focus from 4 to 5 would take the same amount of mods as 5 to 6.. (could be the same formula as normally) however this would be come costly otherwise.. and i mean for example serration taking 2000+ mods to level again :)

Love the idea. But there are three things that would go very very wrong or right depending how you see it. As said Multishot. That would be the first and most maxed out thing ever, at most you would need to add a second limit of how many times you can "super charge"  the mod.

Using Focus as an example myself here. were at 30% and ranked it up, at best it would need to peak at 50% or maybe even only 40%... If you could just level these up and up imagine a Streamline that cuts stuff by 50%, or a duration boost of 50% AND a buffed version of the other could still net you around 70%. This would lead to things like Snowglobe and bastille...well they would just be part of the map after that point...

Last issue would be duel mods. Imagine maxing out your fire element 90% and you have your other one at 60% that is already without any buffs 150% of your damage into fire which is THEN boosted by the elemental weakness stats. Just adding half of both of those would give you another 75% AND increase your magazine size further too. We're already strong as we are.

I LOVE the idea, but it would have to be greatly limited, perhaps a max of adding two "super charges" to a mod max. (Mainly cause I want my dang rifle multishot over 100% :(  )

Have you ever wondered what reflection on your personality this sort of comment suggests?

Probably not.

I see what you're saying, but i fail to grasp how that matters. 

At this point half the threads in GD are just us tenno saying "We hit max, lets become more max, i need to become Broly"

At this point half the threads in GD are just us tenno saying "We hit max, lets become more max, i need to become Broly"

What forums are you on? More than half the topics I see are about nerfing o.O

And where you think "They just want more OPness" A lot of us see it as more OPENness to play our way. Scott is always going on about playstyles. a LOT of us want to maybe tweak that mod we love a bit higher or even be able to lower it.

On topic. I thought up a limit that would fit decently OK for the idea. Make it so a warframe, or gun could have supercharged mods on it but they HAVE to be in proper polarity, other wise it would be too much for the suit or gun to handle. This way form would be needed for more than just reducing the numbers some.

Love the idea. But there are three things that would go very very wrong or right depending how you see it. As said Multishot. That would be the first and most maxed out thing ever, at most you would need to add a second limit of how many times you can "super charge"  the mod.

Using Focus as an example myself here. were at 30% and ranked it up, at best it would need to peak at 50% or maybe even only 40%... If you could just level these up and up imagine a Streamline that cuts stuff by 50%, or a duration boost of 50% AND a buffed version of the other could still net you around 70%. This would lead to things like Snowglobe and bastille...well they would just be part of the map after that point...

Last issue would be duel mods. Imagine maxing out your fire element 90% and you have your other one at 60% that is already without any buffs 150% of your damage into fire which is THEN boosted by the elemental weakness stats. Just adding half of both of those would give you another 75% AND increase your magazine size further too. We're already strong as we are.

I LOVE the idea, but it would have to be greatly limited, perhaps a max of adding two "super charges" to a mod max. (Mainly cause I want my dang rifle multishot over 100% :(  )

I want my split chamber to be 100% to as well, WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET IT AT 100% DE!!!!!!!!?

Barrel diffusion and Hell's chamber both got 120% I am starting to think that Satan works at DE and does these things on purpose, like make serration take 2,000 mods while you can get 150% damage on shotguns with 2 mods and you wouldn't even have to spend over 50 mods leveling both.

I only support this idea so i can get my split chamber to 100%

I want my split chamber to be 100% to as well, WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET IT AT 100% DE!!!!!!!!?

Barrel diffusion and Hell's chamber both got 120% I am starting to think that Satan works at DE and does these things on purpose, like make serration take 2,000 mods while you can get 150% damage on shotguns with 2 mods and you wouldn't even have to spend over 50 mods leveling both.

I only support this idea so i can get my split chamber to 100%

Shotguns and rifles work in completely different ways, that is why the mods aren't exactly the same.

Shotguns and rifles work in completely different ways, that is why the mods aren't exactly the same.

By your logic pistols and shotguns work the same.

Please don't try to apply logic to split chamber only being 90%, because there is no logical reason for it to be 90% only, i reckon the only reason its at 90% is because of the gorgon, now look at the weapons that should have a 100% multi shot from split chamber, Torid, Paris Prime, Paris, Snipetron Vandal, Snipetron, Vulkar and last and always the least Dread.

I'm sorry please explain.

You said that shotguns and rifles don't work the same way so they can't have the exact same mods which is very true.

Multi shot being the topic barrel diffusion and Hell's chamber both go to 120% so with your logic they work the same way.

(please don't take this as an insult or anything like that)

(i just want split chamber to be 100% because i am mainly a sniper user or i am using torid which are single shot weapons with slow fire rate)

You said that shotguns and rifles don't work the same way so they can't have the exact same mods which is very true.

Multi shot being the topic barrel diffusion and Hell's chamber both go to 120% so with your logic they work the same way.

(please don't take this as an insult or anything like that)

(i just want split chamber to be 100% because i am mainly a sniper user or i am using torid which are single shot weapons with slow fire rate)

No insult taken, I'm not going to go into detail keeping this going so I'll just say this; The mods are how they are because DE deemed it the best balance, there is nothing we can do about it.

No insult taken, I'm not going to go into detail keeping this going so I'll just say this; The mods are how they are because DE deemed it the best balance, there is nothing we can do about it.

I think DE got lazy and just put a bunch of weapons into one category "Rifles"

This community's feedback has changed a lot of things about this game, (look at rhino, volt, mag, nyx, banshee)

Either Split chamber should go to 100% or there should be a specials only multi shot mod that goes up to 100%, Specialties should include Launchers, Snipers and Bows (latron and latron prime included)

there is a huge difference between being lazy and balancing, to this day i still think split chamber was capped at 90% because of Gorgon and Grakata and other weapons with an extremely fast fire rate and huge magazine.

No offense OP, but this idea would break the game (mechanically, as well as balance-wise).  For example, the current mods for charge speed max out at 90% (60% + 30%).  Leveling up either mod once more would completely eliminate the delay for a charge attack.  Anything more would break the charge speed equation (it would essentially mean that charging an attack would take less time than pressing the button, which makes no sense).  There are other potential examples of this behavior. 

Besides, players are already overpowered.  Frost users can keep up a snowglobe indefinitely; Vauban can stop anything from touching him; Nyx can make an entire room of people kill each other.  There's no need to make players even more powerful. 

rhino scoffs at broly

I think they need to balance out weapons, normal melee attack spam to be worth doing, improve and tweak the mostly unused auras, fix thunderbolt, balance warframes and remove armor scaling.