Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Longswords

Lad_of_the_Lake

I know what you're thinking, those things already exist! Yes, they do, but only in the form of one hand wielding the actual Skana and the other hand holding a shorter almost dagger variant of the weapon. While I see this as practical, admit it, you want the feeling of holding a long sword in each hand. Here is my idea for Double Skana and other long sword variants.

Dual Short Swords - While they have a rapid attack rate, the off hand's range is significantly lower than the other. In addition, they are sheathed in an L fashion, though this does not bother me too much.

Double Long Swords - Sacrificing a little attack speed for a little range, I see this as a decent alternative for the OCD symmetricalists in everyone, not to mention having them sheathed in an X fashion along the back would look pretty damn sexy on any Warframe.

Here are the technical specs of the Double Swords

Base Damage - Same as short sword counterpart

Critical Damage and Chance - Critical damage is lowered but Critical chance is higher

Attack Speed - As opposed to the 1.25 attacks of Dual Swords, Double swords would have 1 attack every second

Charge Speed - Same as short sword counterpart

Charge Damage - Same as short sword counterpart but with increased range

Spin Attack - Same as short sword counterpart but with increased range

And there you have it people, Double long swords.

Edited by snikity

Why not just a skin for the weapons? But if we were looking at stats, then there are a few differences I would make just because a long sword would do more damage.  Firstly crit damage and chance should be switched.  The longsword in the off hand is more likely to crit less often, but would hit harder than a short sword.