Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested Volt rework

(XBOX)Gamehowitzer

Turns out when i posted this before i posted it in the wrong category. Here ya go. 

So Obviously Volt has seen a lot of changes in the past, and i'm here to suggest a new ability or a new layer to his abilities since no one seems satisfied with how his discharge works. So, volt is an electricity based warframe that specializes in supporting his teammates while also stunning enemies in a large area, depending on what ability you get rid of, or depending on how you implement this he could be a drastically stronger, or more popular frame. 

Introducing: Charge. If you didn't know already electricity has positive and negative charges, and when something of high charge gets close to something of low charge, that's where your spark or flow of electricity comes from. Now you could make it so that Volts first ability, shock, introduces charge onto an ally or enemy, enemies like the grineer and the corpus have lots of metal parts so they would be like lightning rods anyways, and warframes are metal too right? so volt should be quite a bit more powerful then he is.

So you can "charge" and ally by hitting them with shock, this could have a buff to their weapon, or it could just give them this stored charge. If they use melee on an enemy it could instantly stun them with electricity, and if volt "charged" you more than once, or had a higher power strength, the discharge onto the enemy would do more damage, have a higher stun radius, or be able to arc to more enemies. This effect would multiply with weapons that have innate electricity damage, or mods that enhance electricity, even if the actual damage is actually corrosive or radiation. 

This could be used together with his 4th ability to effectively turn allied warframes into tesla coils for a limited period of time, however this effect would get stronger the closer you are to volt, increasing range and damage. If you are outside of his range, and you don't have ANY charge, you won't be stunning any enemies. However if you have charge and you are outside of his range, you will simply discharge what charge you have. This could also be use with downed teammates to make them discharge their charge so you can revive them more reliably. Also maybe being able to charge environment items like corpus doors or consoles or just metallic environment items.

this would strengthen volts cc and supportive abilities, while also giving benefits to those who learn to use his abilities uniquely. Another possible thought was changing volts sheild to more of an electric aura that slows projectiles coming into the field but accelerating those that exit it, and this could obviously become more powerful if volt charges it with shock. It could be applied to volt, the environment, or directly onto allies. That's about all the ideas I've got, please tell me what you think and if you have an idea of your own let me know!