Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is The Reaper Prime As Good As Other Heavy Weapons?

BeardGreen

Personally i love the look and feel of the reaper, and i love the fact that it has a high basic dps. But the thing that bothers me is that its charge dps is way lower than almost any other heavy weapon and therefore in many ways is not a viable weapon against most targets. I was wondering if anyone else thought maybe it could do with a small charge damage increase just to get it closer to the charge dps of things like the scindo and orthos, especially since its so expensive and time consuming to acquire in comparison.

Any opinions?

I use my reaper prime as a normal attack weapon. I primarily use ground pound and sliding attack and only use charge attacks if I need to stun lock something. Reaper really shines as a normal damage weapon and it base damage is so high that if you use pressure point, fury and few damage mod it can do a lot of damage.

Reaper is fast and it can make you a lawnmower if you use sliding slash.

Its just that if you only perform charged attacks instead of normal attacks them your dps will be far higher, especially against ancients, however i haven't fully modded mine yet so im just using the base stats. But i just feel that mathematically it just ain't quite as good, except against normal infested stuff which it utterly slaughters ^^