Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Odd Suggestion, Bosses Drop The Loot You Have The Least Of.

holyicon

OK, here's how it would work.

TL/DR:
Bosses always drop the loot you have the least of, but only rares or uncommon resources.

Full:
When a boss drops loot they would proc, Uncommon or Rare. (Bosses would no longer drop Blue or Common materials).

If it's uncommon, then when each tenno picks it up, s/he would receive whatever they have the least of between all uncommon resources they have in their inventory.

If it's rare, then when each tenno picks it up, s/he would receive whatever they have the least of between all rare resources they have in their inventory.

The idea here is that developers need to realize that when your loot table is based on a %, and that % leaves space for a player to get nothing, or something of little value for their effort, it creates a natural bell curve of success, where you will invariably have players at the low end of that curve, who consistently receive little to no reward for thier efforts.

So who cares about this minority of unluky players? Fate seems to hate them so why shouldn't everybody else? DE can afford to marginalize them too right? They probably too poor to even pay for platinum, so forget about em!

But that's just the thing, there are players that DO put in the time, HAVE paid for founders and/or platinum, DO participate in the community, HAVE helped new players learn the game and brought DE more business. And yet, because of LUCK are stuck at the bad end of the drop table bell curve.
Now combine that with a player who also has time obligations not involving doing Lotus's dirty work. And it makes for a very, VERY frustrating experience.

Having the Boss drop specifically what you have the least of does three things:
1. It does not negate the need to actually go kill a boss.
2. It does not allow ANY player to focus on one type of repeatable loot.
3. It rewards effort equally rather than by chance (or more to the point, Compound Chance).

There could also be some kind of shift in rate between uncommon and rare based as level scales between the player and boss. But overall you should still get SOMETHING from the boss, even if it's just the uncommon resource.

The other option I considered presenting was make bosses always drop rare resource, but only 1 and only the type your tenno has the least of at the time. But I think for most play-hards, this would be an unpalatable option.

--As always feel free to flame my ideas in part or as a whole.

I think it's not a good idea. Today I wanted to build more Fieldron for my Flux Rifle, and for that I needed Control Panel. Control Panels are not the least common of my resources, but I did want them for a specific purpose. Imagine if you wanted Control Panels to sequentially build Fieldron, but instead of getting Control Panels every time you killed Hyena, you got Neurodes. And you had to farm Neurodes til you had more Neurodes than Control Panels, but then you started getting Neural Sensors, because you happened to have fewer Neural Sensors than Control Panels. 

What could be done in a matter of two runs or so becomes dragged out to ten or fifteen runs.

Just my opinion.

@CheeseHasLeafs
I appreciate your plight. But I've actually gone ten to fifteen runs without geting a single rare drop. At least in the scenario you just described, you're stockpiling those other resources, not walking home empty handed.

Edit: Oh and when you do build that Fieldron, and you need to build another tomarrow, guess what drop you'll be getting each run?

Edited by holyicon

@CheeseHasLeaf
I agree. Though I would still point out that ANY loot table with a "Miss" or trash drops on it would still create a bell curve across all players where you still have some players that very VERY infrequently get anything of worth and a handful that never do.
The reason why the majority of people say, "My loots seem ok" is because the majority of players are inthe middle of the curve. YES< this serves the populace as a whole, but Individuals get screwed.