The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Melee Weapon

Jimbobslimbob

Question

I currently have Duel Heat Swords, Fang, Chronos and a Plasma sword. I now want to try my hands on one of the heavy melee weapons and wondered if you guys had any suggestions for a first weapon. I heave heard good things about the Orthos - is that my first port of call?

Cheers in advance!

10 answers to this question

Orthos is a very strong weapon. It's pretty fast and deals a crap ton of damage. With this weapon you can easily Solo any Infestation-Mission, except where you have to defend something (either the hostage or the Cryopod). It's swings hit multiple enemies, I think almost 360° around you.

Orthos is a very strong weapon. It's pretty fast and deals a crap ton of damage. With this weapon you can easily Solo any Infestation-Mission, except where you have to defend something (either the hostage or the Cryopod). It's swings hit multiple enemies, I think almost 360° around you.

it's 270°, unlike all other heavies which are 360°

If you are going for charged attacks go Gram, it is the best overall weapon in that field

Cool, thanks! I think I will craft Orthos first, max it and then build a Gram.

you really cant go wrong :)

Orthos has fantastic animations too :)

I suggest you to check out the Orthos Prime too (only about the look since it has the same stats of the standard Orthos) before you decide if it worth a potato