Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loadouts

Elhazzared

Rather than having each weapon keep it's mods, weapons shouldn't keep mods when they are stored.

A stored weapon would remove all mods making them available for use on other weapons and then you'd have a loadout editior in which you could specify the weapon and which mods it will automaticly load whenever you make it your active weapon.

The benefict of this would obviously be not havint to keep swaping out mods every damn time, just by switching the weapons it would remove the mods from one and put whatever mods the other loadout uses in the new weapon and not needing to level up multiple mods just not to have the trouble.

The loadout editior should work sort of like a tool. You can make loadouts even for weapons that you do not own, it's just a loadout creator after all. You should specify how the weapon is. Weapon level, reactor, polarisations and where if any.

Then whenever you chose a weapon it compares to the loadout and if the specs match, then it asks whether you want to use the pre-made loadout or not.

You should also be able to edit and delete loadouts, have multiple loadouts for the same weapon and be able to name the loadout. When asked if you want to use a loadout, if you say yes it displays the loadouts you have for the weapon and you pick the one that better suits the task.

Edited by Elhazzared

Practically all load-out names :

Defense, Infested, Grenier, Corpus, Void, Default (for weapons)

Tank, Rush, Versatile, Defense, Default (for frames)

Anyway, I would love this idea and use it continuously.

Loadouts are either on hold or being worked on.

DE accidentially released an unfinished/horribly bugged version of loadouts in a patch a few months back then ripped it out.

We havent heard that much of a peep from DE about it besides Steve mentioning he will try to push something related to the mod UI into U10

This is also something I've been pushing for. It's tiring having to switch out certain costly mods one weapons and warframes. I suspect they're conflicted (money) in regards of letting us have mod loadouts. I sure they want every player to keep mods to each weapon and frame so they can make more money.

This is also something I've been pushing for. It's tiring having to switch out certain costly mods one weapons and warframes. I suspect they're conflicted (money) in regards of letting us have mod loadouts. I sure they want every player to keep mods to each weapon and frame so they can make more money.

This would only be a problem because right now with only a bit of work you can put whatever mods you want in your loadouts, no matter the costs.  So you have no reason to keep many versions of a same mod at different ranks.

The simplest thing to do is to change the role of the catalyst/reactor so it allows you to put mods above a certain rank (so you can equip "overclocked mods") and so it doesn't double anymore the pool points (forma already provides a (better and more customizable way to potentially double the amount of mod points available for builds).  And, of course, as numerous topics are mentioning it, nerf the damage/change the point cost/other similar solutions, must also be done.

In other words, limiting the pool points and making many builds viable will introduce choices and the necessity to keep many of the same mods.  Then, loadouts won't conflict with any financial consequence, on the contrary.