The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twitch Drops

(XBOX)Tawnie8747

21 hours ago, (PS4)Xanderix said:

I haven't received any Twitch Drops from between the Game Awards upto the last stream of 2017. But once I unlinked and relinked my Warframe account with Twitch, everything seemed to be fixed. I thought it was due to my Twitch Prime subscription ending but apparently it wasn't because on the last DevStream I received the drop and I have also have been getting my drops from the WF Partners.

Thanks for replying! I've already re-linked twice, but I'll try it again. This time I'll make sure I logged out of Warframe and Twitch. Drops from Warframe partners work for me as well, so I've never had an issue with that.

The only thing I can gather from that is the partner streams aren't nearly going to have the amount of traffic an official warframe stream has. Maybe it does have something to do with high-traffic? 

I'm glad it seems to work for you again. :)

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)cubeof11 said:

I'm happy to report that I received "Display - Poster" from Prime Time 195 on 1 February 2018.  I'm experimenting with being eager to refresh the page as soon as the stream begins so that the presence updates sooner, just in case only the first X viewers that register in the presence system get credit.

That's great news! Thanks for the update. I'll try that too for the next stream that promotes a twitch drop. I'll make sure I re-link again before then. And I'll make sure the status in the top corner shows that I'm watching Warframe--Sometimes it says I'm Idle. 

I really wish I could look at event logs and what not to see what exactly takes place between the Twitch API and its viewers.

I thought of something: Unfortunately, I don't think I have any other Xbox games that do Twitch Drops (or I might and I'm not aware of it), but I'd love to test out another game and rule out anything else.

Oh, I did a little digging using the link to the document you provided. It doesn't seem that the Twitch Developer Portal allows developers to do "sandbox" testing for the drops system. It's a shame really, because a sandbox could be helpful.

Well, fingers crossed the issue gets resolved.  

Update: I'm pleased to report I received an exilus adapter for yesterday's Dev Stream (#106).

I was a few minutes late to the stream because I was making sure I logged out of everything before re-linking my Warframe account with Twitch. I refreshed the stream as soon as I logged in, and my status always said I was "Watching Warframe Stream".

Hopefully it continues to work in the future.

On 2/10/2018 at 1:02 PM, (Xbox One)Tawnie8747 said:

Update: I'm pleased to report I received an exilus adapter for yesterday's Dev Stream (#106).

I was a few minutes late to the stream because I was making sure I logged out of everything before re-linking my Warframe account with Twitch. I refreshed the stream as soon as I logged in, and my status always said I was "Watching Warframe Stream".

Hopefully it continues to work in the future.

Congrats, for getting your Twitch drops again. Now you know what to do if it happens again.

I  I can confirm twitch drops do not work for console players.

I have linked and unlinked my accounts (Twitch & WF) on both platforms, waited days then relinked, on both twitch and Warframe yet still I have not received a single drop since the game awards.

In fact the last time I got any twitch drops consostently was during the plains of eidolon launch on PC.

I've stated this multiple times during twitch chat during devstreams and it's often drowned out by all the "!plat" spam.

I don't watch the streams for the freebies, as I love & enjoy the dev process & stayed up to date on all news Warframe. But I admit I do sometimes feel robbed when they sometimes give some really good freebies that would help enhance my gameplay and even though I've been there from the start of the broadcast I don't get anything yet the PC players are getting them.

It is fixed for PC atleast.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I  I can confirm twitch drops do not work for console players.

I have linked and unlinked my accounts (Twitch & WF) on both platforms, waited days then relinked, on both twitch and Warframe yet still I have not received a single drop since the game awards.

In fact the last time I got any twitch drops consostently was during the plains of eidolon launch on PC.

I've stated this multiple times during twitch chat during devstreams and it's often drowned out by all the "!plat" spam.

I don't watch the streams for the freebies, as I love & enjoy the dev process & stayed up to date on all news Warframe. But I admit I do sometimes feel robbed when they sometimes give some really good freebies that would help enhance my gameplay and even though I've been there from the start of the broadcast I don't get anything yet the PC players are getting them.

It is fixed for PC atleast.

sorry to say but it does work for Console players I have friends who play on Xbox One and I play on PS4 and we all get Twitch Drop

No luck here for Devstream #106 or the Warframe partners over the weekend, despite picking channels that have low viewer populations (in the dozens), making this only the third time Twitch Drops has failed me.  I have not had to relink my accounts since the Great Eidolon Hunt campaign when my Twitch account name did not appear on the user information page.

Ah, well.  At least these prizes can be acquired in other ways.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Xanderix said:

sorry to say but it does work for Console players I have friends who play on Xbox One and I play on PS4 and we all get Twitch Drop

Guess I am just cursed or bugged then.

Neither myself or my RL buddies have gotten any drops and we've watched the entire stream.

Maybe its a Texas internet connection thing?

Meh, it was good while it lasted then.

Am 2.2.2018 um 19:52 schrieb (Xbox One)Tawnie8747:

I don't think Twitch support can help in this case, but at least you contacted them and ruled that out.

I'm sure DE is aware of the issue.

nope, they also dont care about it:

"

They dont care.

Same with Twitch Support, they also dont care about it.

Got 4 Automatic Responses in a Row...

Prime Member?! Whatever...

Twitch Drops are just Scam - 1 Starter Drop and then the BIG Middlefinger from both Companies...

Lucky enough, it was only the testing Month, i would never pay real Money for this Scam.

Btw. WF Support Answer:

"

[DE]Allen1. Februar 2018 07:06

Hello ruleX Radikal,

We are sorry that you missed out on this opportunity. Sometimes when multiple partners / companies are involved we are limited with the type of support we can offer.

While we can’t add the promotional item to your account for this event, don't fret as there will be more exciting opportunities in the future! Please keep an eye on the website and the forums for announcements, events and giveaways!

Keep your head up Tenno and happy hunting!

"

"

It's discouraging when the system doesn't notice you, but we don't have enough information to troubleshoot beyond making sure you're watching using a well-supported client (I stick to Microsoft Edge on PC).  If you know of any game vendors that provide detailed information on whether you're qualifying towards their Twitch Drops, I'd love to know about them.

I got the "Display - Panoramic" from Prime Time #196, so sometimes it works.