Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Item Drops/item Pickups/item Pickup Indicator

Bakercompany86

Suggestion regarding item drops and the mechanics surrounding it.

Currently, regardless of what you pick up it is just spammed at the bottom of the screen and generally in a hurry.  You might not know what kind of resource you just picked up (did I finally get some plastids? or more nano spores?)  Not to mention constant "Ammo you don't use is full" messages.

So a couple suggestions:

-Implement a resource tracker:  Allow players to select an item within their foundry to track.  When you pick up a material that corresponds to the item you have decided to track, a much more obvious and distinct visual display.  Maybe even a static one that's small down in the bottom left corner or something.

-If a player doesn't use a particular ammo type, don't display anything regarding it.  I don't care that my sniper ammo is full, I don't even own a sniper yet.  That spam should be filtered out.  Personally, I would prefer if the ammo types I'm not using didn't drop for me at all.  Basically, if the RNG rolls an ammo type drop that you aren't currently using, just don't drop anything.

-When you pick up energy/health orbs, instead of further spamming the bottom of the screen, how about a big arcade like "+25!" in blue right over your energy bar or a "+25!" in red over your health bar.  Or anything like this would be awesome, in my humble opinion.

-When Blueprints drop and are picked up, or any extremely significant drop for that matter, there should be an on screen display similar to when you pick up a mod.  Very obvious, with an actual picture graphic that pops on the screen for a few seconds on the right or left.

I think those were all the ideas I had recently come up with....just tired of linespam at the bottom when I pick up half a dozen things at once.

resource tracker - not needed as you can just check after the mission whenever you want.

ammo drops - with the new ammo conversion mods this is very useful as my supra burns through ammo but with ammo conversion I can earn it all back if I look for drops

health/energy pop ups - I don't see why this is needed as you can just look at your status at the top right.

blueprint indicator - I would enjoy this but it too can be remedied by just checking your foundry after the mission.

just my opinions on these subjects.

resource tracker - not needed as you can just check after the mission whenever you want.

ammo drops - with the new ammo conversion mods this is very useful as my supra burns through ammo but with ammo conversion I can earn it all back if I look for drops

health/energy pop ups - I don't see why this is needed as you can just look at your status at the top right.

blueprint indicator - I would enjoy this but it too can be remedied by just checking your foundry after the mission.

just my opinions on these subjects.

So you like screenspam....

I don't like it but I also don't mind it seeing as how DE will have to do quite a bit of work to remake it in the ways you have shown. I'd rather have them working on the lore and game than the little things like a small part of the HUD

Implementing these kinds of changes wouldn't take any effort at all.  It's just changing small parts of the screen display and the GUI.  Not any sort of massive overhaul.

Plus developers don't have every programmer working on every element.  They have teams dedicated to particular aspects of the game.

-Resource tracker: i don't see the slightest point of making this.

-It could be more comfy... but that's it, it's not a problem. Also, with ammo conversion mods, it's kinda mute. Finally, your "only drop the ammo i use" suggestion is too convenient and self centered, not only it's more realistic (why would enemies drop you only what you use? It doesn't happen in other games, you get what you get) but also you would screw your squad-mates if it only drops the ammo the host is using. So a big NO to that.

-Orbs: Again, no point in this.... you already have your health and energy displayed, and what's important it's how much health/energy you have... not to display numbers about what you are gaining or not when you have your total health and energy displayed.

-I don't think this is necessary, you can just either pay attention or make a good search for it. That said, the addition of thief's wit displaying it on mini-map with another color wouldn't hurt.

You don't see a point in a resource tracker...So you don't care how much of each resource you need to collect during a mission just want to blindly trudge through levels absorbing whatever your frame walks over...okay noted.

The rest of your comments tell me you didn't read thoroughly.  The point is to reduce the amount of spam at the bottom of your screen (or do you even pay attention to that?)

It's garbage.  It scrolls by way too quickly to even see what you picked up.  In a game that's entirely based on loot collection, I'd figure this was a big deal.

You don't see a point in a resource tracker...So you don't care how much of each resource you need to collect during a mission just want to blindly trudge through levels absorbing whatever your frame walks over...okay noted.

The rest of your comments tell me you didn't read thoroughly.  The point is to reduce the amount of spam at the bottom of your screen (or do you even pay attention to that?)

It's garbage.  It scrolls by way too quickly to even see what you picked up.  In a game that's entirely based on loot collection, I'd figure this was a big deal.

I've read thoroughly, whether you accept others opinions or not based on their agreement with your ideas it's another thing entirely.... else, i wouldn't have taken the time to answer to all your points, like the other guy above.

Explain please how the tracker you suggest helps in any way? You won't be able to change the amount of drops you get, or anything like it. And you can see at the mission complete screen the exact amount of materials you got.... so why would we need this? (and no, it wouldn't necessarily be as easy to code as you claim.... and how would you know anyways? Are you a developer? Do you know how is the inner game coded? i am guessing no... so don't make claims that it would be easy or quick to do).

For the rest, feel free to read the above feedback, mine or other.

The bottom line is, nobody cares what's scrolling about the pickups..... though it doesn't "scroll" too quickly, I've never had problems reading everything i pick up..... but honestly, who cares? It won't change anything to read it or not honestly..... in the end when you exit the mission, you'll get the same amount of resources whether you've read or not. And again, i doubt many people care about what pops up in the bottom..... maybe only for bps and sometimes for mats if they feel like it.