Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts & Rewards

RikkaHyou

Ok, so I've been playing this a fair amount now, initially started in closed beta, took a break when it went live and came back about a month-two months ago. 

I was incredibly happy with the changes I was seeing, login rewards are actually half decent, the alerts give a good amount of money, money is no longer something that you hoard away unless you're saving for things. These among other things kept me around as I was really enjoying the game. However, one thing that has been getting to me is the alerts, and when they crop up. 

Now I'm not sure how these are managed, or what TZ they seem to be aimed at, but as a UK dweller, I have not been able to get a single 'good' alert (I deem good as the weapon BP's, Suit bp, helmets and such). Every single time they crop up, I end up being sat, like I am now, at work. Unable to do anything about the alert which is for an item I need to grab at somepoint. 

Now I know that the game is FtP and if I want to get something quickly, I can pay for it. But that's not the point, I often end up sat around in the evening, farming materials and waiting for things like Forma to build. Which isn't an issue. But I'm not sure if it's just me, but not many of these 'good' alerts seem to crop up in EU prime-time (5pm onwards) it just gets a little frustrating to wake up in the morning and see that I've missed 1 or 2 Alert missions.

Alerts are random, and aren't tuned to any specific timezone. And like someone posted before, everyone who works nine-to-five has like an average of 4 hours every day to actually be able and available to run alerts.

Missing high-value alerts is a pain in the A, especially if you were sleeping at the time (I'm lookin' at you, latest Reactor alert)

I understand your "frustration", but the fact is that even the alerts are based on the RNG system.

I've been able to get reactors, catalyst and forma during my time at home, as well as losing some due being stuck at work.

Honestly, RNG for alerts is the best option, since the game is international so we have a lot of player in different timezones, and getting specific hour times for specific alert would create a massive farm.

Just wish you get luckier in the next alerts.

For example, last reactor i got, (2 days ago) it was around 1AM my time (portugal) and i only picked it up, because i was doing stuff at my PC instead of sleeping

But I'm not sure if it's just me, but not many of these 'good' alerts seem to crop up in EU prime-time (5pm onwards) it just gets a little frustrating to wake up in the morning and see that I've missed 1 or 2 Alert missions.

Here's your one big mistake: sleeping. Tennos don't sleep, we either hibernate or we kick &#! !!! jk ;)

Alerts are random, and aren't tuned to any specific timezone. And like someone posted before, everyone who works nine-to-five has like an average of 4 hours every day to actually be able and available to run alerts.

Missing high-value alerts is a pain in the A, especially if you were sleeping at the time (I'm lookin' at you, latest Reactor alert)

I understand your "frustration", but the fact is that even the alerts are based on the RNG system.

I've been able to get reactors, catalyst and forma during my time at home, as well as losing some due being stuck at work.

Honestly, RNG for alerts is the best option, since the game is international so we have a lot of player in different timezones, and getting specific hour times for specific alert would create a massive farm.

Just wish you get luckier in the next alerts.

For example, last reactor i got, (2 days ago) it was around 1AM my time (portugal) and i only picked it up, because i was doing stuff at my PC instead of sleeping

Aye, I get this. It's just incredibly frustrating. I've been trying to get Vauban since he came out, and I've gotten one or two parts ._. It gets incredibly frustrating to get the twitter notifications and find that I'm in the middle of something, or I've missed something important.

I did try looking for an earlier thread, but couldn't find one, but I don't know, I know it's all RNG, and I like that factor. But there needs to be a seperate RNG that kicks in for prime times >.> Just to increase the chances a tiny bit.

But there needs to be a seperate RNG that kicks in for prime times >.> Just to increase the chances a tiny bit.

That's the thing though- WHICH prime time?

It's always prime time somewhere in the world, and putting one above another would be unfair. There's already enough "Alerts cater to NA/Canada too much!" without it actually being that way. And the "cooldown" thing with Alerts2.0 kinda mitigates the chances of getting three alerts of one component in a row.

IMHO these multiparts needs to be semi-randomised, if only JUST for Vauban.

Vauban BP alert pops up > run alert > get random Vauban BP. Second one gets ANOTHER random, but with existing part removed from pool. Third one would definitely drop the last component. You'd still need to do get three Vauban Alerts, but we'll only need to see three Vauban alerts pass to get one Vauban, instead of three specific parts. At least there won't be this "I missed all the systems alerts forever!" issue.

(plus this way they could add another 'frame into Alerts without reducing Vauban's chance too much)

That's the thing though- WHICH prime time?

It's always prime time somewhere in the world, and putting one above another would be unfair. There's already enough "Alerts cater to NA/Canada too much!" without it actually being that way. And the "cooldown" thing with Alerts2.0 kinda mitigates the chances of getting three alerts of one component in a row.

IMHO these multiparts needs to be semi-randomised, if only JUST for Vauban.

Vauban BP alert pops up > run alert > get random Vauban BP. Second one gets ANOTHER random, but with existing part removed from pool. Third one would definitely drop the last component. You'd still need to do get three Vauban Alerts, but we'll only need to see three Vauban alerts pass to get one Vauban, instead of three specific parts. At least there won't be this "I missed all the systems alerts forever!" issue.

(plus this way they could add another 'frame into Alerts without reducing Vauban's chance too much)

The way I initially thought of it would be 2 prime times, one for the East and one for the West. If you make the time kick in for long enough, it then covers multiple countries prime times.

It's a tricky concept, and I get that. But the RNG currently for alerts is incredibly frustrating ;-;

I've got the exact same problem here. Now, I'm unemployed unfortunately, so I've got a bit more spare time. But even with that I find it incredibly difficult to get half of these alerts.

I would propose a doubled or tripled amount between the hours of 5pm GMT, and 10pm EDT. That way both timezones are able to get that prime time at a reasonable time. The only thing being EDT will miss a bit of the first part, and GMT will miss the last part. But both sides would still get an even amount of time for alerts.

Hey it isn't all that great in NA either - I'm in California and all those "good alerts" are at 3:00 Am - 3:30 AM in the morning, which means people on the East Coast are getting thiers at 7 - 7:30 AM, which while not great is a darn site better than what I'm getting. I'm SOL on a Vauban part because of this myself. I think the whole Alert system should be revamped so that each alert lasts at least 12 hours - that way there would be an empathetic window of time where most people can have a chance to obtain it. A wider span of time would solve most of these issues with a minimal amount of effort programming it to perform as such.