Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Translation To Pt-Pt Portuguese (Europe)

kimikelku

First of all i dont know if this is the correct place to post this, so if it isnt please move to the correct section thanks.

PT-BR - Brasil (South America)

PT-PT - Portugal (Europe and African countries)

For every person that plays games in general and speaks PT-PT as is native language, will find himself switching to english most of the time went it comes to translations to PT-BR.

Even after this two countries have made an effort in closing this gap, that makes a big diferent between the same language, there is still a big problem when it comes to understanding some sentences.

And this is duo to the way you speak to people in general and the way your write, often i find myself reading the same thing twice to understand something that is in PT-BR.

The same thing happens when it comes to Warframe, i found that 6 mods had a diferent definition the moment i saw it in english, alot of subtitles that show when you face a boss have mistakes that are wrong in PT-PT and PT-BR, and that it can be clearly understood as a common mistake when you write the same way you talk.

The fun fact is that almost every rule that applies in PT-PT are the same in PT-BR but alot of rules that some locations from Brasil apply in PT-BR are wrong in PT-PT, and most of the time if you write in PT-PT every person around the world that speaks portuguese understands, but the same way doesnt happen when it comes to PT-BR.

Now this is in general speaking, because if your going to learn portuguese you will start by learning PT-BR since there arent as many rules as in PT-PT. But this is just an example on how both languages make huge diferences went it comes to understanding a sentence.

So i would like to ask if it is possible to make a translation to PT-PT and fix the typos in PT-BR

"Mistakes that are wrong in both..." makes me think you just need to start submitting those particular details to the team, as a lot of the translation thus far has been from other users. By all means, you should definitely submit corrections! If there are strict grammatical corrections, you should definitely send a PM to the correct people who handle localization at DE.

Differences in dialect, however, shouldn't be that big of a deal. Not because "It doesn't matter" or anything like that, but because most of what is written in this game are very basic short phrases to describe an action. Menu items are all singular terms, in-game actions are more or less "X to interact" in some form or another. Mod card descriptions should be just a particular action (verb) and the percentage it is being effected by the mod at it's current level. Most of what is in the market has very little description beyond flavor text, as they thankfully didn't bother to use more colorful terminology to describe the effects of the second generation alternate helmets. Even in English, things are really simplified and probably don't even constitute whole sentences or proper structure.

First of all i dont know if this is the correct place to post this, so if it isnt please move to the correct section thanks.

PT-BR - Brasil (South America)

PT-PT - Portugal (Europe and African countries)

For every person that plays games in general and speaks PT-PT as is native language, will find himself switching to english most of the time went it comes to translations to PT-BR.

Even after this two countries have made an effort in closing this gap, that makes a big diferent between the same language, there is still a big problem when it comes to understanding some sentences.

And this is duo to the way you speak to people in general and the way your write, often i find myself reading the same thing twice to understand something that is in PT-BR.

The same thing happens when it comes to Warframe, i found that 6 mods had a diferent definition the moment i saw it in english, alot of subtitles that show when you face a boss have mistakes that are wrong in PT-PT and PT-BR, and that it can be clearly understood as a common mistake when you write the same way you talk.

The fun fact is that almost every rule that applies in PT-PT are the same in PT-BR but alot of rules that some locations from Brasil apply in PT-BR are wrong in PT-PT, and most of the time if you write in PT-PT every person around the world that speaks portuguese understands, but the same way doesnt happen when it comes to PT-BR.

Now this is in general speaking, because if your going to learn portuguese you will start by learning PT-BR since there arent as many rules as in PT-PT. But this is just an example on how both languages make huge diferences went it comes to understanding a sentence.

So i would like to ask if it is possible to make a translation to PT-PT and fix the typos in PT-BR

The problem for me isnt' the sentences,but the vocabulary,you can guess most of the words in pt-Portugal the opposite should be true too,but some words are simply  synonyms which i naver saw before.I am in favor of kimikelku ideia to creat another language option even i being brazilian.