The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Framerate Problems

Fynron

I am running a Core i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40 GHz with a Quadro 1000M GPU, and I have been having serious framerate problems.  Before U9, I was running Warframe just fine on lowest settings.  However, my laptop's fan then died, and I spent a month looking for a store that would repair it.  When I returned to Warframe and updated to U9, the game became unplayable due to downright sluggish lag.  Suggestions/advice?  I'm struggling to understand why my laptop can no longer handle Warframe.

well for one, its a laptop. you cant expect a laptop to handle everything, regardless of how powerful it is.

second, if youre using a hardline, disregard. but if youre using wireless, thats half your problem right there. EVERYTHING can go wrong with wireless, interference, cross contamination, lost signals, etc.

finally, go through and doublecheck your settings. maybe something got reconfigured.

Hmm, I was running Warframe on a laptop with about half that of a processor. But then again Warframe is GPU dependent too.  Gamebooster could help a bit also depending on your Ram you could run it on a RamDisk to squeeze out a couple more fps. Waiting till the next update could fix your issue to as U9 seemed to be a loss in performance.

It is a laptop, and the graphics that you do have is men't for a workstation set up. For $400 you could max the game by building a desktop which honestly is your best bet. 

Edited by dadgoat

As far as I remember Quadro isn't for gaming. You can render the hell out of things with it but you won't see any kind of amazing performance for gaming. By this I mean you can make some pretty  sweet stuff in  CAD and not lag.

Edited by CrownFire

LOL, your laptop should handle warframe on medium flawlessly.... I got the AMD 6730, which is on par with your 1000M quadro (aka GT540m), and i can handle warframe on high with little chance to stutter.. You should check your laptop!

1. Try to fresh-reset your windows (reinstalling from backup dvd, likely)

2. Clean your laptop motherboards and friends...

3. Try warframe again...

I've been having some problems as well. I'm running an i5 3570k at the stock settings, 16 gb of ram, and a Gigabyte gtx 670 at stock speeds. Before U9, I had no issues with my framerate, but during the sling stone event I started noticing that I'd get major drops in fps during the defense portion of the mission. Lately, my framerate starts to drop whenever there are large amounts of enemies on-screen, and sometimes it gets as low as 10-20 fps. I've gotten similar problems with Planetside 2, where my gpu can run at a stable 60 fps with no problem, but the game often switches over to my cpu instead, and I get a lower framerate. So I don't know if this is some kind of optimization problem, or if something else is going on.

well for one, its a laptop. you cant expect a laptop to handle everything, regardless of how powerful it is.

second, if youre using a hardline, disregard. but if youre using wireless, thats half your problem right there. EVERYTHING can go wrong with wireless, interference, cross contamination, lost signals, etc.

finally, go through and doublecheck your settings. maybe something got reconfigured.

I have a 2013 MacbookPro ;P runs perfect on max settings. Laptops can perform just as well with the right hardware.

I've been having some problems as well. I'm running an i5 3570k at the stock settings, 16 gb of ram, and a Gigabyte gtx 670 at stock speeds. Before U9, I had no issues with my framerate, but during the sling stone event I started noticing that I'd get major drops in fps during the defense portion of the mission. Lately, my framerate starts to drop whenever there are large amounts of enemies on-screen, and sometimes it gets as low as 10-20 fps. I've gotten similar problems with Planetside 2, where my gpu can run at a stable 60 fps with no problem, but the game often switches over to my cpu instead, and I get a lower framerate. So I don't know if this is some kind of optimization problem, or if something else is going on.

Yes, Optimization don't get enough.

i get CPU bound on this game too, but just in a big area.(30-35FPS)

And I get i5-3210M, with all lowest except PhysX GPU and Texture.

They will pushing more threads as they want to put this game into PS4, which is weaker than a Intel laptop, so don't too much worry about the performance after this game become release for PS4. :)

I have a 2013 MacbookPro ;P runs perfect on max settings. Laptops can perform just as well with the right hardware.

Except you are targeting 60FPS, but yes, with a i7(4 core, not ultra low voltage 2 core CPU) laptop CPU, you can get 30FPS easily, which most people feel just fine.

60FPS is still choppy though i think, i dont know why.

Yes, if you get unstable rendering time for each frame.

For example

16.6ms 24.9ms 8.3ms 16.6ms

You can try enable vsync, enable triple buffering via D3DOverrider(not working with Windows 8) and also FPS limit to 59 FPS which will reduce the input lag.(but you can still feeling it for some games)

As I know, this game engine will be slowing down if you don't get nearly 60FPS, but only the animation I think.(Fury mod is a great example)