Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerfs don't fix poor development

(XBOX)Ivar Azrael

On 2/15/2018 at 7:50 AM, Jaffawer said:

Do you know what I don't understand? WoF has been like this pretty much since 2013... so... what changed now?

Because they are making major balance changes currently? With the pending release of damage 2.5 it has given them the best chance to do so. 

42 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Jimmy Voorhees said:

People who didn't have her prime frame pissing and moaning to knock it down a peg because they're like that.

Basically DE now panders to n00bs.

And on the flip side you have players complaining that their no effort focus generator was nerfed. Granted the "Nerf" didn't actually affect ember at all the only difference is that players have to press their 4 every 10 or so seconds. 

On 2/7/2018 at 5:59 PM, (Xbox One)Jimmy Voorhees said:

That's the problem that DE should be focusing on. Not Nerfing frames. They should be looking at it as " why are players flocking to a cheese method, instead of wanting to enjoy the encounter multiple ways?"

The answer is easy. It's not fun. It's a chore. They're evoking the same response from tenno that bungie gets from their entire destiny franchise; "i want to get this done as quick as possible, get it out of the way so i can go back to having fun".

Why do you feel compelled to undertake something that's a chore, in a game?  Is the Hema or some Arcane that important to you that it must be obtained, no matter how boring the process?

That behaviour is counterproductive.  DE can't tell from their statistics whether all those people farming Teras or Mutagen are having fun or afk farming, so they don't see anything wrong on their end.  You know what they would notice in a hurry, though?  If people weren't doing it *at all*.  If something's not fun, DON'T DO IT.  DE will address it a heck of a lot faster.

2 hours ago, Tuoweit said:

Why do you feel compelled to undertake something that's a chore, in a game?  Is the Hema or some Arcane that important to you that it must be obtained, no matter how boring the process?

That behaviour is counterproductive.  DE can't tell from their statistics whether all those people farming Teras or Mutagen are having fun or afk farming, so they don't see anything wrong on their end.  You know what they would notice in a hurry, though?  If people weren't doing it *at all*.  If something's not fun, DON'T DO IT.  DE will address it a heck of a lot faster.

Yeah. I'm not going to ignore the only thing my dojo didn't have finished.lol