The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level Vs Rank

Belowfish

Question

Hello, 

First time posting.

I'm a fairly new player and I was wondering what the difference between my Warframe's rank and a planet's level? 

I understand that the level is what type of enemies you're going to see on the mission but there doesn't seem to be any direct correlation between my warframe's rank and the level of the mission. 

I'm used to playing games like WoW where a zone level and your level are directly associated, but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

Yeah, so If anyone could clear this system up for me that'd be great.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

A planet's level has to do with the level of the enemies in the area 

so let's say Mars - Spear which has a level range of 21-24. all of the enemies you would encounter there are levels 21-24 and higher levels mean higher affinity per kill!

Hope this explains the question. Happy hunting!

Frame level/rank affects passive stats + mod capacity.

Weapon level/rank just affects mod capacity.

Mastery Rank affects accessibility to some weapons.

Enemy level affects relative difficulty.

There aren't always a correspondence though.

E.g. An unranked Frame may still own high-level enemies by using high ranked weapons with uber mods.

Likewise, An offensive high rank Frame can wipe out high-level enemies even if he/she carries crappy unranked weapons.

Just to add on: higher rank enemies also drop better loot (or is it higher chance to drop loot? or both?)

Edited by smithf

A planet's level has to do with the level of the enemies in the area 

so let's say Mars - Spear which has a level range of 21-24. all of the enemies you would encounter there are levels 21-24 and higher levels mean higher affinity per kill!

Hope this explains the question. Happy hunting!

By higher affinity he means about 10-20, depending on the enemy. Affinity scaling is pretty bad, almost as bad as armor scaling.

To answer your question on connection with your own gears' level, that's just something you learn to feel for. As you play you will realize "With this setup I can perform well against this level of enemies." There are formulas and junk on the wiki, but you don't really need them unless you're into that sorta thing. Also it's hard to go based on level because there are things like potatoes and polarities to allow more powerful mods early on, completely skewing the correlation.

By higher affinity he means about 10-20, depending on the enemy. Affinity scaling is pretty bad, almost as bad as armor scaling.

To answer your question on connection with your own gears' level, that's just something you learn to feel for. As you play you will realize "With this setup I can perform well against this level of enemies." There are formulas and junk on the wiki, but you don't really need them unless you're into that sorta thing. Also it's hard to go based on level because there are things like potatoes and polarities to allow more powerful mods early on, completely skewing the correlation.

Interesting, thanks. I'm just kinda running through everything with my MAG and then I'm hoping I'll pick up another frame and more weapons and experiment some more with the game.