Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Clan Affinity via solar rail research

Drester9514

I wrote this as a ticket at first and the response I received is that I should rewrite it here within the forums.

I'm writing this in regards to how clan affinity currently works within warframe, at this time it's only possible to reach a maximum clan rank of nine after researching every available thing within the dojo. This includes the dojo colors. That said the Ignis wraith research which is locked by a past operation requirement & all solar rail research is currently locked.

So any clan trying to reach rank 10 is unable to do so because they would fail to reach enough clan affinity by roughly 2000 clan affinity. As a clan warlord I'm wondering if and or when this is going to possibly change.

My suggestion would be to allow if at all possible clans to actually research the solar rail research but then keep the ability to construct said solar rails and regiments locked until such a time that any future overhauls or changes decided upon by development staff is done in regards to the Solar rails & clone regiments.

First off...  Solar rails and the whole brouhaha about the Dark Sector Invasions has been in Armistice for some years now.  I remember researching this only to find out that Armistice has been going on for about 6 months since I got to that stage within the dojo.  

Next...  This suggestion seems to be synonymous to e-peen power™.  If you have everything researched, a ghost clan with less than 10 people, have been around since dojos were first introduced (even perhaps have the old hallways and rooms build with Dojo 1.0 tilesets) and everything necessary built within the clan, what's the importance of rank/level then? 

Heck Dojo level is simply a number.  It's not like you'll need to show off your rank other than perhaps standings during events (you'll never beat Remnants of the Void -- they're extremely competitive and are proud of always being at the top of those lists).

@MBaldelli In similar manner i can ask why would player want to be MR24 or MR25? there is nothing that requires that number now but lot of people still want to do it. This game is all about collecting. and you want to do as best as you can. I am also a warlord of Rank 9 clan with 2k xp less to reach R10. i can totally understand Drester and would love to get the research open for XP gaining (and still not be able to construct anything). Just knowing the fact that Rank 10 clan is possibility its kinda bad to know that you basically dont have a chance to reach there

@Igni...  So as I clearly implied in the second paragraph:  e-peen power™.  The problem that I have with this is that leveling is prevalent in another game I play with player fleets; advertising for those fleets tends to be not on what they're tiered at, but instead level 56 which is used deceptively.  And in this game, let's face it.  That e-peen power has been used to berate PUGs in missions where special snowflakes will often boast of being MR 24 and then blaming the lowest MR in the team for failing the mission or trial.  And yes, I've been on the blunt end of that blame...  Often too.  Nevermind that I've been with the game 5 years.  Nevermind that I carried the team in damage and healing during the mission, but there you have it.  

We three seem to be in the same boat.  @Drester9514 and I have been here since Dojos have been introduced.  We also know that with the level up we should be seeing tens of thousands of free endo for the clan from the altar in our dojos upon the level up.  I'm just ambivalent about when these changes will occur (both dojo leveling along with reopening Rails and Dark Sectors) and I'm against it as it's just one more way for people to berate otherwise good players with the power of a number.  

First of all I could honestly care less about the pvp side of solar rail / dark sector, as far as whatever "e-peen power" nonsense you're going on about. Bluntly put you can take the negativity elsewhere as that's how it comes off. My point and reason for the post as you can well see it being my first (I don't care much for forums or forum warrior bs) is because it's a sound question not an open opinion intended for debate. Had you understood my question intended for the devs (not opinionated player base) you'd realize I wasn't asking to reopen rails or dark sectors but rather specifically the suggestion of making the research in of it's self available for clan affinity so that any clan, big or small, new or old, veteran or beginner can feel accomplished in reaching max dojo level. Either way this is something left of to developments discretion, so if they take the suggestion for what it is awesome if they decide they've got their own idea's on the subject which I very much presume that they do then that's is fine as well.

The point being if you as a player want to sit there and jump the gun on randomly post rude comments @MBaldelli then you can respectfully visit elsewhere on the forums.

As to the jab at anyone who decides to strive for mastery rank 24-25 by @Igni It's not similar in anyway to why I made my original post.

Mastery rank has it's own unique functions within the game, most of all in the inherent rewards granted such as higher void traces acquire-able, syndicate daily cap increase, mod capacity increase, and load out configuration slots. Further more I have a lot of respect for anyone putting in the time and effort to reach MR25 as it shows they've not only worked tirelessly to level everything available in game at this point but also because when you've gone through that many things (at least 80% subjectively depending on the player specifically being MR fodder) you start to gain a better understanding of what can work for multi play style and what doesn't by default learning, in which case further helping yourself become a better player as well as being able to offer those you play with sound advice on what may or may not work for their play style and likes. Either way the statement has no actual baring on the original post.

Lastly, if you two or anyone else want to continue debating the idea that's on you, start a new thread and talk about it there. I personally don't care much for the hints of disrespectful inflection thorough text, it quite frankly defeats the purpose of trying to be communicative.

35 minutes ago, Drester9514 said:

As to the jab at anyone who decides to strive for mastery rank 24-25 by @Igni 

WHAT? 
Dude I am mastery rank 25 myself. thats not a jab. i brought that up as example that Reaching max available level of something (be it MR or Clan dojo rank) is something many player desire to do...
If you dont even understand that i agree with and support your suggestion i dont really know what you expect to see here. 

Edited by Igni

13 hours ago, Drester9514 said:

The point being if you as a player want to sit there and jump the gun on randomly post rude comments @MBaldelli then you can respectfully visit elsewhere on the forums.

I suggest that you lead by example.  Don't deride other users based on your interpretation;  given it's personal, your perspective might in fact be entirely incorrect and you are coming to false conclusions.