Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Tier and Member Limitation Issue

Vecasra

As some people may already know, recently, there are a lot of players who join Warfeame because of the released of the Plains of Eidolon (and there could be other reasons, such as came from a game that been commonly compared to Warframe but not in a good condition now…).  However, some of the new players may not stay long because of the member limitation is related to the tier of the clan.

When Warframe lunched on steam years ago, there were some of my friends wanted to try this awesome looking game, thus I created a clan and upgrade it so I could invite all of them.  Although many of them lost their interest due to the state of the game at that time, the remaining players in the clan were still quite active.  The clan tier was never an issue for us, until U19.5.

I don’t think I need to remind people the insaneness of the research requirement of Hema.  The remaining players of our clan farmed Mutagen Sample for months, but we still didn’t want to kick out our friends from the clan since we believed some of them would come back someday.  However, after the Pacifism Defect event, we finally decided to downgrade the tier of our clan because we realized it was impossible to reach the Top 10% with very few active clan members.

Sadly, when our friends finally saw the improvement of Warframe after all these years and decided to come back, we had to turn them away because we didn’t want to deal with the similar situations again.  We told them the Warframe community is very friendly and willing to help them as we did, but some our friends still left the clan (and game) they joined in after a short period of time; others just simply refuse to come back because they could not play with us in the same clan.

I think that is not a big issue for the majority of the Warframe’s playerbase since most of the people won’t mind to join a clan and make some new friends; but for those who only play with their existing friends, the current clan system is hindering them to join this amazing game.

Some of the potential solutions could be creating more tier and reducing the gap between them or having a dynamic clan system, but I’m not sure would those be good ideas.  Fortunately, Warframe has a talented development team and a community with bunch of smart people may have the right idea to solve the issue.

Thank you for read this long and not-so-constructive article.

Nice work Tenno.