Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge latency in missions? 5000ping upwards.

DomoArigato

I can't be the only one having this issue.

It seems when somebody with a crappy PC is chosen as host for the mission in question, it will run like absolute tripe for everybody else.

Enemy AI appears to cease function and they stand in an idle position not firing upon or moving on your position, and dont disapear or take damage when shot. Bullets - especially projectiles from the bolto or boltor don't exist when they leave the barrel and the only real way to kill these enemies when the said host is lagging is to melee them.

Bosses are way more frustrating. Just did a fight against Ambulas, bullets didnt work, couldn't revive team mates and once again melee was the only option, then for the awful host to leave, have a host migration and to be returned to the menu with no loot. Bliss.

This needs sorting out IMO or I won't be playing for much longer, it seems most games are now suffering from this especially after the last update(did this make it worse? I'm not sure), and, lets be honest I have bought some platinum a few weeks ago for a game which is no longer functioning which is a shambles.

I understand this is a beta but huge, huge issues like this should have been rectified in Alpha or pre-alpha, way before you started taking peoples money.

Its not the crappy PC, its the upling bandwidth. My pc is moar than okay, but my uplink is like 20kbytes/sec, so i cant even host a 2man game without the other blokes to go mad due to the freak-lag

Then surely the game should migrate hosts efficiently and as soon as a more suitable host appears in the game, not when the guy with the poor upload speed leaves (then returning you to the lobby most of the time). I am lucky enough to have upload speeds of 15Mb/s, surely it would make more sense for the game to have a built in system to migrate the host to somebody more suitable. I hate playing the games solo because online is too laggy

Yes it's a problem. Probably one of the biggest ones remaining. I think simply the option of allowng me to start hosting even if there's another game going on would be nice. It'd potentially narrow the pool of players joining games tho. Who wants to risk joining a laggy host when you can have others join you?

It wouldn't fix the biggest problem really which is that simply most people don't understand about uplink bandwith. Even the OP asserted that it's people's crappy PCs. Hell most people confuse bad FPS with latency still; screaming "LAG" when they start dropping frames.

To fix the problem permenantly you have to fix the root cause which requires educating and informing the users that would host poor matches due to terrible bandwith. It's much harder to do and would require some kind of easily understandable feedback on their ability to host within the game. Even when given that information most people a) won't understand it and b) would ignore it anyway.

Not to mention that it's not just poor connections, you can abuse a good connection without knowing you're doing it or have someone else on your router do the same. How many of the bad connections are people furiously uploading various torrents or have their kids doing the same on their line without their knowledge?

Edited by Mebhin

One could just add the option "Only join, NO HOST FFS!!!111"

Along with a tooltip that pops up when the game has detected that your bandwidth is craps...

"Your Uplink Bandwidth is to low bro, concider using "Only join, NO HOST FFS!!!111" in the options menu, the lotus and aaaall the players will be pleased"

To tell the sad truth, im just here for the looks and style of the game, i can rarely participate in coop games because of my crappy internetz, let alone host games...

When i want to play a certain map i really have to check several times if there are any groups and see if the latency is playable. Im already used to dead bodies not falling over properly and attacking them until i realise that they are dead already...