Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt 2.0- er, I mean Frost thoughts.

SpiderWaifu

why is avalanche overpowered?

isnt it the same as mags ulti?

if not, please tell me the difference (except the animation)

i mean...

Mag

Stuns all the enemys in its radius for a few seconds (levitation)

crush them with 1000 base dmg, down to 333 against grineer

Frost

Stuns all the enemys in its radius for a few seconds (freeze)

shatter them with 1000 base dmg, down to 320 agains crawlers

there are other skills that are broken...look at Excaliburs dash (could be his ulti), Rhinos Ironskin (sometimes permaskin) etc...

snowglobe could be nerfed, or maybe give it a health bar so that it can get destroyed after some shots.

Uhhh... because avalance has like three times the radius and stuns for much longer.

Edited by comeonandslam

realy? they look nearly the same to me.

no, not realy, it seems that my mag has the bigger range.

also i cant believe the stun thing, freeze is longer ONLY if you have the freeze bug with increased range. (happens if you are the host with frost i think, nearly 5s after the animation the damage is dealt)

they have both the same animation duration. at the beginning of the animation enemys are stunned, at the end damage is dealt.

i have played both of them, and i cant see any big difference except the animation.

frost is even weaker, if he gets knocked over, his damage will only apply after he finished the animation.

mag gets knocked over, and her damage is applied while she is on the ground. she finishes the animation then without effect.

but we cant know this perfectly, some kind of video comparison would be nice, if the range is different...just set it to the same level.

Edited by LazerusKI

Uhhh... because avalance has like three times the radius and stuns for much longer.

I have frost they are the exact same duration and range by the looks of it when compared to Mag's ult , I would even say that mag's ult CC is for a long duration

Edited by Silenterr

Does anyone know if power range mods effect the AOE of the bubble in snow globe? ie if I pump power range mods can I make the globe effect a larger area?

I ask because I like using globe as an AOE slow, so I can then use melee on the mobs and run circles around them, rather than as a shield, although I appreciate both benefits :)

Also, do we know the speed values for all the frames? for example if Volt is a 1 is frost a 0.5? I would like to know how many speed mods would be required to bring my frost up to speed with the faster frames

Unfortunately, Frost is almost certainly going to get nerfed. Avalanche and snow globe are just hilariously overpowered right now.

There is no need to nerf Frost. Instead they should fix the damage dealt by Volt's Overload. 200 damage on a lvl 14 Corpus is ridiculous.. And i'm using a level 30 Volt, with level 4 Overload + a 40% Power Strength mod.

The Volts 4th skill is better than Frosts.

Overload has massive range and why it might not kill every thing you damage more or less every enemy unit on the map.

Avalanche short to mid range trash killer elite mobs do not take that much damage.

So i would say Volt is better just for the fact you hit every thing why Frost would only hit what ever is close.

Over all Volt has the edge in some area and Frost in others.

Volt is much better at attacking due to the skill line up why the Frost is much more defencive and lets not forget the base move speed of both frames the Volt is much faster with out using any skills or items.

Edited by Darzok

The Volts 4th skill is was better than Frosts.

Overload has massive short range and why it might not kill every thing you damage more or less every enemy unit on the map.in line of sight and because of this is extremely bugged at the moment.

Avalanche short to mid range trash killer elite mobs do not take that much damage.

So i would say Volt is was better just for the fact you could hit every thing why Frost would only hit what ever is close.

Over all Volt has the edge in some area and Frost in others. isn't usefull even against Corpus.

Volt is was much better at attacking due to the skill line up why the Frost is much more defencive and lets not forget the base move speed of both frames the Volt is much faster with out using any skills or items.

Have you ever played Volt? I think you don't. I'm using the Overload only for those Grinders, just saying... I have tested the Overload a lot of times, and my Heat Sword can do more damage with a single slash against every enemy. Yeah, it can damage a few enemies, but why should I spend 100 energy on that skill? If there are too many enemies, I'd rather use 4 times Sprint, because at the moment Volt's offensive skills are close to zero.

"Volt can create and harness electrical elements. This is a high-damage Warframe perfect for players who want a potent alternative to gun-play." Yeah, sure...

Overload has massive range and why it might not kill every thing you damage more or less every enemy unit on the map.

So i would say Volt is better just for the fact you hit every thing why Frost would only hit what ever is close.

Volt is much better at attacking due to the skill line up why the Frost is much more defencive and lets not forget the base move speed of both frames the Volt is much faster with out using any skills or items.

Sir, you are wrong. It is better to do 90-100% damage to those in medium range than minimal damage to everyone in the room you have LoS with (yeah, that's right, even if you can "see" an enemy but their location dot isn't visible from yours, forget about hitting them with Overload). Overload is UP right now and far below Avalanche which is basically just a reanimated Crush.

I really hope you're trolling...

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I hope you're not being serious == as a volt players I guaranteed overload is now very weak. I mean what's the point if you can't one shot trash mob with overload because my gun or melee can also one shot them so I can just spend 25 for sprint +melee or 50+gun instead.No offensive but I know you've never played volt and thinking it is OP because u just see someone using it with OP mods.

Edited by saiou

Sorry for my bad english.

Yesterday, I just started to use Volt and I immediately took 3 Overload nodes but still it was very weak.

Its funny that when I used to the infect doggy, they just killed me when I was using Overload.

Even I couldn`t kill them...

My impreesion toward Overload was "shutting lights off" skill now :/

No need to use it anymore. Just stay back, use shield skill and shoot through it.

That was better thing to do instead of using overload.

Well, we could increase the renge with mods but not much of drops that gives you the strength of power.

(I know there is some, but its pretty rare)

I think overload need to buff a bit more. Not much but a little more!

Edited by lunarian