The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where To Get The Killing Blow Mod?

303Deathstroke

Question

10 answers to this question

Welcome to the fun activity of trying to get a specific mod in Warframe!

One of the biggest downsides of the game.

Farming for crafting stuff is fine and dandy, but mods are just too random in nature.

A viable alternative is to hope for a Nightmare mission that involves Infested; these are a lot easier than Nightmare missions against other factions; you can simply run past them  all to complete the objective. These missions have a relatively high chance of rewarding you the mod Rending Strike (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rending_Strike) which acts as a really, really good alternative to Killing Blow. You might also pick up Focus Energy(http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus_Energy) which is another great Nightmare mod for charge damage.

What are Nightmare missions you ask? Well once you complete all missions in a single system 2-3 missions at a time (it is semi-random which ones) turn into Nightmare missions which are way harder than normal but rewards you with dual stat mods like Rending Strike.

Right now the Unda mission in Venus (the second planet unlocked) is currently a Infested Spy Nightmare mission. This should be quite easy to complete by running away from all the Infested and head straight for the objective.

Welcome to the fun activity of trying to get a specific mod in Warframe!

One of the biggest downsides of the game.

Farming for crafting stuff is fine and dandy, but mods are just too random in nature.

I disagree.

Personally, I like that not everyone can just go out and obtain each and every mod the moment they want it to be a good thing.

Yes, it can be frustrating to not have a specific mod for a build you've been itching to complete, but I feel it's preferable to the alternative.

It took me 200 hours to get Reach, and I'm still looking for Heavy Impact and Hammer Shot, but delayed gratification is more rewarding than instant gratification in the long run.

Also, it's not like a given player won't come across enough mods to be viable, even if they don't have each and every mod they want.

Except it isn't "each and every mod they want" but rather "each and every mod they need". For example my primary weapons are utter shyte simply because I don't have any fancy mods for rifles or shotguns. Were it not for me getting lucky with scoring some wicked sidearm mods, I would be stuck.

That is not good design.

How long have you been playing? It doesn't take long to build up a good selection of mods.

There are only three or four mods in the entire game I don't have, and I've seen every mod I would consider a necessity at least a half a dozen times.

Unless you are phenomenally unlucky, intentionally avoiding void missions, or have been sticking to planets that don't drop what you are looking for, you shouldn't be missing much critical stuff by the time you've got 20-30 hours in the game.

The overwhelming majority will find what they need without having to grind extensively.

The system doesn't need to be changed to accomodate an unlucky few.

And what is your proof of this? Look at how people are farming places like Xini like madmen. Doesn't take a genius to tell that you're not getting them by just playing normally unless the RNG gods smile upon you.

EDIT: Oh and btw, the devs have pretty much said that mods are too random as it is and they are looking at a solution.

Edited by Brimir