Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make lures follow Eidolons instead of players?

jezym

Hello everybody.

How many times have you shot your amp and the lure hit-box has absorbed all the shots?

When the lures are following you it can be a real pain to actually shoot.

So why not make it so that once a lure is charged it follows the Eidolon instead of the player?

What do you think?  Would this QoL change be a good idea?

Thanks

What if a lure is getting damaged so much, it's going to get destroyed, no way to heal it ( trin is out finding another lure or out of energy or no trin ) and you want to take it away from the attacks? 

What if a lure get stuck? If it gets stuck following a player you can go back and try to make it follow from another direction, but you can't do that with an Eidolon. 

2 minutes ago, Akram-The-Reaper-Panda said:

What if a lure is getting damaged so much, it's going to get destroyed, no way to heal it ( trin is out finding another lure or out of energy or no trin ) and you want to take it away from the attacks? 

What if a lure get stuck? If it gets stuck following a player you can go back and try to make it follow from another direction, but you can't do that with an Eidolon. 

Make it an option?  

You get follow and hold position so what about adding a third to 'follow eidolon' ?  You would just press X to cycle through to the option you want.

As for it getting stuck couldn't the current teleport mechanic apply?  If the lure gets stuck when following an eidolon it would just teleport closer if it starts to get out of lure range.

Everyone plays differently but wouldn't it be nice to have an option?

it'd be easier to just have them follow about 5m behind the player (or ideally the warframe, operators dont need them). That way you can still lump them all on trinity but they wont body block her movement or projectiles.

I got dogpiled by 6 lures just then. Couldn't dodge ground slams and it was a pain to hit the teralyst, how dare i be prepared for losing a couple lures when i go to solo a teralyst!

8 hours ago, IceFire909 said:

it'd be easier to just have them follow about 5m behind the player (or ideally the warframe, operators dont need them). That way you can still lump them all on trinity but they wont body block her movement or projectiles.

I got dogpiled by 6 lures just then. Couldn't dodge ground slams and it was a pain to hit the teralyst, how dare i be prepared for losing a couple lures when i go to solo a teralyst!

I like this idea to, 5 meters and always behind player view.

There was a thread on reddit about the lures being annoying.  One of the solutions there was to make it possible to shoot through the lure (while making it transparent to reduce visual clutter) and the other was to reduce the height of the lure / scale it's size down a bit so it doesn't get in your face.