Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two Different Ammo / Weapon Types Need To Be Added. || Expansion In Current Game-Play Systems

pdxdubin

Canister Ammunition 

Explosive ammunition 

Canister ammunition needs to be replaced for weapons like the ignis,  and ogris needs to use explosive ammunition.

What else ? 

Well multishot on a flame thrower is stupid, 

Add a new mod set, and add more spread weapons, like an ice beam, or a poison cloud, maybe a blinding smoke screen that can be used for support?

Mods for Canister Weapon types

- Expansion - Increases the aoe of the particles 

- Range - Increases how far the particles travel

- Toxic Particles - Add poison elementals to the particles, causing 80% or so poison damage over 5 seconds.

- Pressure'd Blast - Shoot double the amount of particles with extra pressure in the canister

- Nitrogen Blend - Freeze and slow enemies with particles

- Current - Send a small current into the particles, shocking enemies as they come into contact.

- ETC ETC

Mods for Explosive Weapon Types

- Radius - Increases the radius of the explosion

- Flack - Increases the initial damage of the explosion ( simular to serration )

- Amp Charge - Emp explosion added to the blast, doing shock damage and stunning enemies

- Napalm - Fire damage explodes causing enemies to burn

- Cryo Charge - Causes frost damage

- Double shot - Shoot two rockets very quickly simultaneously  

- ETC ETC 

Summary 

This may not seem like such an important change, But it would add a lot more depth into the game, and make sense of the current system. 

Having 400 rockets to fire is kinda ridculous, and if we can buff the mods to give the rockets more damage and range, while decreasing the ammo to maybe 40-50 then I think the weapon will be a lot more balance and viable. 

And for weapons like the ignus, there are so many cool things you could do,

Add a weapon that can heal allies, or throw spores all over the map, Use the physx that you have.

Expansion on current systems

Currently the game is getting boring, And its not because of lack of things to buy, its the core game-play, and the repetition.

New tile sets won't fix this, it is only a bandaid fix,

I suggest DE, that you sit down and hard think some new game modes, that will keep people interested.

Because without a solid PVP system, the game will get boring, and there are ways to do this.

( Tenno tower ) 

Add an arcade type mode, something that is not directly pvp, but competitive. 

Something that will give us a reason to improve our skills.

The parkour room is a good start, but this needs to be an actual game mode.

I have a lot of good ideas about game modes, such as the tower, but I will save those for another thread.

In addition to match types we need to add more customization and social elements into the game. 

And its going into a great direction, with the use of emblems and such.

I have heard from several people about new helmets, and specific helmet parts, new chassis and new specific chassis parts.

Capes, and scarfes and glowy / dangly bits.

But please don't make these platinum only.  Let us have a bit of 3D customization initially.

The clans are good, but there is currently no way to really interact with people, the motd system really sucks, and the whole UI is bland.

If you look at any other games, the clans have a lot more impact with gameplay, I would really like to see some sort of in clan marketplace or auction house system,

Maybe a way for us to place BETS with platinum / credits in the dojo dueling arenas, 

A way for people from all over to enter our dojo and socialize, and challenge clan members, 

A way for random people to come in and get a feel for the game.

And also all of the core elements of the game need to be moved into the dojo, such as load outs, and match making,

This is a must. 

I don't really know what else to say...

Honestly DE this game is getting boring, and I will ignore that and keep playing.

because I like the game and the potential. 

But don't get caught up in a system of releasing new dojo parts and weapons / warframes without actually doing anything innovative.

Because repetition will kill this game. 

Sorry for the unorganized / hopeless thread, 

Some of the stuff will be confusing I bet, but the main thing is the new ammunition types, but I got carried away : P 

I don't think that 40-50 ammo on torid/ogris will make anyone happy, what it will is upset everyone.

What needs to be done is new mods for launchers specifically, increasing range of AOE and what not, right now torid is only worth 3 forma 5 if you want maxed out fast hands. But never the less its the standard rainbow damage and fire rate, multi shot and serration.

To be honest I can agree with you here. The gameplay is SOLID but that doesn't mean it can't get repetitive and boring! New warframes/weapons are great and all but in the grand scheme of things they don't add branches to the tree that is Warframe but give it a few twigs. Even the mission modes all feel the same...

Because without a solid PVP system, the game will get boring, and there are ways to do this.

My only disagreement is the part still there, because there are TONS of games that are PvE (or with a tacked on PvP mode) that are fun, most notable (imo) being killing floor, which is 8 years old and STILL is fun.

My only disagreement is the part still there, because there are TONS of games that are PvE (or with a tacked on PvP mode) that are fun, most notable (imo) being killing floor, which is 8 years old and STILL is fun.

Exactly killing floor is fun, 

And as I said playing xini over and over again is going to get boring :P

Killing floor has multiple maps, and enemy types and its a progressive survival game :P

I have been saying that warframe needs a survival mode for a while, because sitting back on a crypod is not fun, or difficult.

We need something that will frustrate you and reward you at the same time.

Ill start a thread on that another day, who knows if DE reads this stuff 

Exactly killing floor is fun, 

And as I said playing xini over and over again is going to get boring :P

Killing floor has multiple maps, and enemy types and its a progressive survival game :P

I have been saying that warframe needs a survival mode for a while, because sitting back on a crypod is not fun, or difficult.

We need something that will frustrate you and reward you at the same time.

Ill start a thread on that another day, who knows if DE reads this stuff 

Right, warframe DOES NOT need a PvP system that's what my post was about. there are tons of games that don't have PvP, and are STILL awesome (and yes, a survival mode would go a looong way to making WF more fun):

L4D1, L4D2, BL1, BL2, Killing Floor, Saints Row 3, Terraria, Payday, Magicka, and Minecraft, just to name a few. (that's my point, warframe does not, and never will, need a PvP system.)

We don't need plat betting, or competitive PvE, or direct PvP to make WF popular.

Right, warframe DOES NOT need a PvP system that's what my post was about. there are tons of games that don't have PvP, and are STILL awesome (and yes, a survival mode would go a looong way to making WF more fun):

L4D1, L4D2, BL1, BL2, Killing Floor, Saints Row 3, Terraria, Payday, Magicka, and Minecraft, just to name a few. (that's my point, warframe does not, and never will, need a PvP system.)

We don't need plat betting, or competitive PvE, or direct PvP to make WF popular.

Those were just sample ideas..

However I think an in clan marketplace, or add board would be really cool,  so people can post requests on items they need, or materials.

and be like, "hey I need this much rubedo, and I can trade this for that"

But make it maybe anonymous? and you just go up and reply to trades, and give them what they want and receive what you want.

Which would create a sort of economy within clans, that I have never seen before.  Where materials become the currency and credits become basically useless, ( which they already are lol )

But actually, this game does need pvp,  You may like the pve elements, but think about games like dark souls?

The pvp does not have to be core, but testing your builds, and seeing what works and what does not will be a great experience for the game.

it could be small 4 player duels in a big map, or 1 on 1 duels in the dueling arena,  Its not core but its fun.

Players will always go back to pve to gain the things they need.

Now aside from pvp, there are many other things that can be done, a non stop conquest type mode, making the global map more diverse would be really cool.

To let players and clans compete for different areas of the solar system, and when they own that planet or area, they will get in game buffs or something while playing in that area.

( Level building ) 

DE mentioned it several times, 

Using the dojo elements to create planets, and games that other people can play would be really cool also,

Maybe you can create a giant ship where you protect the resources from your clan vault, and people can invade it to try and steal some of the resources.

However your clan may go in and defend the ship killing the invaders.

Also another issue is the bland enemy types, they all have a single weak spot and killing them is uneventful.

We need to have a faction that is not about face rolling each enemy, But thinking carefully about how to kill them.

We have a dodge system but we hardly use it, 

I really think DE should take note from dark souls, and add a faction, or just add heavier enemy types, that will really break up the pace of gameplay.

Those were just sample ideas..

However I think an in clan marketplace, or add board would be really cool,  so people can post requests on items they need, or materials.

Yeah, trading would be very nice. No more farming kril a million times for that last bit, while you have everything else.

But actually, this game does need pvp,  You may like the pve elements, but think about games like dark souls?

If you played dark souls without touching the PvP, is it THAT much of a worse game? No, it's still a great game, the PvP is an extra feature which adds to the game, but isn't required for the game to be popular. It's popular because it's hard, but fair.

The pvp does not have to be core, but testing your builds, and seeing what works and what does not will be a great experience for the game.

it could be small 4 player duels in a big map, or 1 on 1 duels in the dueling arena,  Its not core but its fun.

Players will always go back to pve to gain the things they need.

No, PvP just isn't needed in any form. Would it be nice to have the option? Sure, but don't make the mistake of saying it's REQUIRED, there are TONS of games that don't have PvP as anything more than a tacked on game mode (like warframe's dojo duels)

-snip-

( Level building )

Yeah, making custom areas would be cool. New tiles, New boss areas, etc would all be pretty awesome.

Also another issue is the bland enemy types, they all have a single weak spot and killing them is uneventful.

We need to have a faction that is not about face rolling each enemy, But thinking carefully about how to kill them.

Eh, ALL enemies being this way would be nice, but they'd have to reduce spawns, increase drop rates, etc. (i.e. burning through a million guys who are impervious to all but one area/time during their attack would be frustrating, not fun UNLESS they were special enemies that spawned like heavies)

We have a dodge system but we hardly use it, 

Yeah, dodge system is pretty useless right now.

I really think DE should take note from dark souls, and add a faction, or just add heavier enemy types, that will really break up the pace of gameplay.