Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harpak Alt-Fire Return Sound - A Little Off?

TungstenHammer

Hi everyone

I just got around to using the Harpak since the update, and I just wanted to make a comment on the alt-fire sound, specifically the noise the harpoon makes when returning to the gun. I get that it's supposed to be a kind of whirring or 'whipping' noise, but it seems a bit off to me. It's a metal chain reeling in, but it sounds more like a 'slurp', or maybe fabrics rubbing together at high speed. This is in contrast to the main fire, which is appropriately metallic.

I'm not sure exactly what I would replace it with, but something more fitting to a chain would be nice (maybe some ratcheting, or clattering). I don't know if the dev team has considered this particular issue, but I thought it might be the appropriate time given the recent sound changes.

it's just a little thing, but I just find it a bit disconcerting, and it puts me off using what would otherwise be a fun alt-fire. 

Thanks for your time!

PS: For anyone who doesn't have the Harpak, here's a video where you can hear the sound (around 4 seconds in). It isn't 100% reflective of the in game noise (it's higher pitched there), but you get the idea