Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since DE wants to make Trials fit with the game better, why not improve Sorties to become the new Trials?

FXEvolution

As much as I would like DE to not remove trials from the game, at this point their minds are made up. The question we should be asking is how do we make the game mode better for everyone, player and developer alike. I decided that instead of working from the ground up with trials, lets take a game type we already have and improve upon it so it can be a valid replacement for trials. Of course, I'm talking about sorties as they are the closest thing we have in the game to being a randomized trial. Here's my suggestion:

Mission Structure

• Each planet has their own sortie node

• Sorties now pick missions from that specific planet rather than the entire star chart.

• Each mission continues one after another when completed, much like trials or the new dark sector transitions.

• Sorties will now have three tiers of difficulty to choose from before starting the sortie

• Tier 1: lv. 45-60

• Tier 2: lv. 65-80

• Tier 3: lv. 85-100

• The difficulty will determine the amount of rewards you get at the end of the three staged mission

Addable Nightmare Conditions

• Players can choose to add up to 5 nightmare or sortie modifiers to increase the difficulty of the mission but receive higher rewards at the end

• Modifiers are reusable blueprints that can be researched in your clan’s dojo (Tenno Lab)

• Health drain per second but dealing damage restores health (Vampire Mode)

• Double enemy damage but players have increased crit and status chance

• Increased enemy armor but enemies detonate dealing 10% of their health as damage to nearby enemies

• Enemy Radiation bullets but players have IPS damage resistance

• Aura mod slot nullification but players have increased range and accuracy on all weapons

This basically increases the risk vs. reward aspect of this game mode. Increasing the difficulty of missions and the addition of modifiers will increase the amount of rewards you get and the rng of higher tier rewards.

Sortie Special Additions

• Hit Squads have an increased chance to spawn in sorties

• These hit squads bring more unique stuff to the mix, such as stalker bringing his acolytes to fight alongside with him

• Special mobs, such as Kuva guards, sentients, Rathuum and Index enemies appear in sorties as well

Sortie Rewards Table

• Special rewards from completing a sortie mission are only available each week per node, but each planet contains a sortie node.

• Successfully completing a sortie will reward the player with:

• 10,000 credits x (difficulty of the mission) x (number of modifiers used)

• 75 endo x (difficulty of the mission) x (number of modifiers used)

• A certain amount of special credits

• 1 Special Reward

• Current + 2 new Ayatan sculptures

• 600 Kuva x (difficulty of the mission) x (number of modifiers used)

• Random Relic x (difficulty of the mission) x (number of modifiers used)

• Riven mods

• New Arcanes

• Legendary Core

• 1 Rotating Item

• Rarer items will have an increased drop chance when doing a harder difficulty and when more modifiers are used.

• I also propose a special store where players can exchange a special currency to get certain items:

• Relic pack

• Riven Transmuters

• Riven Stat Locker

• Riven Stat Booster

• Focus Lens Distiller

• Orokin Reactor, Catalyst, Forma, and Exilus Adapter

• 3 Day Booster

• Special Cosmetic Items

Reusable Assets & New Assets

Since Trials are leaving, there are a lot of assets that are going to be unused assets left over. My proposition is rather than scrapping those assets, reuse them as different mission types on their respective planets. We already have infested salvage as a gamemode on Eris, why not the bomb carrying section from the first part of The Law of Retribution but modified? What about the boss fight for Vay Hek and parts of the boss fight of the Jordas Golem? This also applies to old events and quest assets that are never used again. These additions can make missions more interesting on certain planets if implemented correctly.

In terms of new assets, the only thing I hope for is new dialogue for Lotus, planet bosses, and potentially operators as a way to make the gamemode seem more organic masking the inherent randomness of sorties.