Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Environment specific missions to improve PoE gameplay

Hiiamwilliam

Adding environment-specific missions in Bounties could ease the part where the player has to travel more than 500 m after every stage, by giving each outpost a special mission related to its constructive characteristics. Unfortunately, the lengthy distances are not the only reason to why I don't fully enjoy Bounties. I listed two problems and explanations about what I mean:

• The complexity of an outpost contributes nothing to gameplay. There's no difference between: a) Playing all stages across multiple outposts which are hundreds of meters away from each other; and b) Playing all stages around a single outpost. Because in both cases the missions being played will require the same input from the player and will offer the same obstacles.

Proposed solution: by adding a unique mission that takes into account the overall theme of an outpost (e.g.: fiery stones, big communication satellite, electrifying Sentient bones), you would be able to (at least once per Bounty) complete a mission specific to how that outpost is built, giving a sense of complexity, uniqueness and interaction to that place. And a mission which can be completed in the same place is one less to move 500 m away. It doesn't solve the Bounties problem, but it would greatly help.

• There is an overlap of "kill everyone to progress" type of missions: Exterminate, Assassinate and Liberation directly fit in that description (not considering Resource Theft which is very similar to Liberation and Supply Sabotage which is Exterminate with three collectible). Combined with the previous point, you have a scenario where the player faces an exterminate-like mission in one stage, only to move hundreds of meters and possibly face another exterminate-like mission. It's exhausting.

Proposed solution: changing the missions themselves. Personally, I would use Exterminate only as a way to trigger Assassinate and would transform Resource Theft into something like the usual Rescue mission, adding the possibility to steal resources into Liberation (higher risk higher reward; there would be an additional control gauge to worry about). I would like to see more ways of Drone Hijack, both to begin the mission and to end it. I would like to see a stage that ends with a beginning: it gives something (datamass, drone or Ostron) that needs to be used in the next stage.

In addition to the problems above comes RNG not giving me stuff I want, but that's another story. I'd also like to add "Lack of land vehicles", but looking at it as a nice addition that we could have rather than a necessary aspect we need. Even if we had very simple land vehicles, as simple as a Roller with glued seat and handlebar, giving more options to roam around would be appreciated. Currently it's either go fast or don't use a vehicle.