Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Index changes need a rethink

ChiefJefe

I'm not sure of the reason for changes to the Index but I'm not sure if the end result is what either players or DE are looking for.  I run Medium Index once a day with the daily doubling of credits on the first mission.

Using the old system I could get 270k credits running in pubs in 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 minutes. The enemy scaling near the end started to provide a manageable challenge and I only recall having a group fail to hit the target score 1 time, but that was due to 2 new players bringing frames that were not ideal in the Index. So the return on investment of my credits and time was very good. I didn't farm Index a lot, but it was a manageable way to keep an inflow of credits to offset crafting, mod upgrades, etc.

With the new system the idea is that the profit would be the same in the same length of time, but from my experience, this is not the case. I have found that the increase in the points required seems to bring out all the Index bugs that have been reported previously. Matches randomly ending when the target isn't reached and there's still time on the clock. Brokers team suddenly scoring a bucket of points when their goal is guarded and none of them are close to the goal. The Index just freezing after you win, and not actually paying folks out.

Index going straight to the win screen when you hit the target is great ... provided none of the above bugs happened.

I'd love it if the Index worked correctly because theoretically, the new changes are good. However, I rarely experience this updated Index and since these updates have found that I've got a 50/50 chance of getting a payout, regardless of my effort and time. This is a poor return on investment.

Please either fix the Index bugs or roll the point requirement changes back.

The Index changes seem to be much like when DE rolled back to Starmap 1.0 (calling is 3.0).  All the original bugs of adding nightmare missions on map location was draconian and lacked the dynamics players got use to with Starmap 2.0.  

I didn't realize that the missions were ending quicker though.  I experienced something like the mission ending faster than it should, but I admit that I wasn't watching the time at the time, so I thought it simply a perspective issue.  Though you mentioning, I'll definitely get behind you on this.

The only thing I can suggest is patience for them to fixing it.  Starmap 3.0 took them a couple of updates to correct the issues that creeped back in when they changed out the system origin map.  I already know I reported one of the bugs with picking up Index points simply not being picked up no matter how you run by them on the update threads.