Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level 40 Onwards

RedPharaoh0817

Question

i am currently using a potatoed loki with a potatoed boltor.

although not all of the mods are at max and i am doing pretty well with missions lower than 40, but i was thinking will my weapon still be able to cut it at higher level missions(considering i will still also level up the mods). if not, what sort of replacement of weapons could you recommend? for three primary, secondary and melee?

thanks guys! ^^

10 answers to this question

Primary:

Boltor: innate armour ignore

Hek: high damage output and tight cone let you one-shot non-heavy enemies into the 70s, if aimed for the weakspots

Latron (Prime): same as Hek, if aimed for the weakspot, should quickly deal with enemies due to high accuracy, fire rate and low recoil, as you score one headshot after the other

Secondary:

Akbolto: innate armour ignore, lot of people love them

Vasto/Lex: high damage output, if aimed into the weakspot kills a lot of stuff, especially due to high bonus from Hornet Strike. With my Vasto, I can easily deal even with the Pluto Boss

Kunai/Despair: innate armour ignore/pierce and high damage. If you want the stagger effect, take Kunai, if you want raw damage, take Despair

Melee:

Gram: high charge damage output, big jump attack radius with knockdown. Also looks damn cool

Orthos: also high charge damage, but no knockdown on jump attack. But hits up to 5 people, according to the wiki

Dual Ether: innate armour ignore on both normal and charge attacks, as well as 100% stagger chance

any comments about paris sir?

a toy. fun for lower level, not that effective on higher. the fire rate is just too slow to cope with some of the higher levels (esp endless defense).

Some do say that it is good for bosses, but I find Snipetron (and variant) more effective if I want to go the high damage per shot/crit way.

EDIT: just to clarify, I still find bow variants fun though and use it now and then. Just not on the super-high levels.

Edited by smithf

Weapons that ignore armor are THE #1 at this moment, since armor's damage reduction is just bunkers. This means any projectile weapon (+snipetron) > hitscan bullet type.

Bullet type weapons are generaly usefull up to level 30-40, then enemies armor gets to numbers like 75-80% damage reduction, slowly making the weapons without armor ignore pretty much useless.

Edited by eStecko

Another alternative to consider if applicable: Flux Rifle.

Despite the name, it doesn't feel like a rifle. It's a 25m long light saber.

Damn fun to use :)

And damn a lot of stuff to get it, if you are not in a 5 billion man clan that does/did everything for you.

And damn a lot of stuff to get it, if you are not in a 5 billion man clan that does/did everything for you.

it takes some resources, but not that much after the tiered clan. I am in a shadow clan (<30) where we are not all that active. We still managed to get all research done. The clan weapons are not as inaccessible as before, even if you create a new clan to build it up. Or you could just join one that has the research done.

Still, it's not to say that it is better than other weapons or such, just mentioning since the topic seems to move into armor-ignoring/piercing weapons. I just find it fun to use (well, compared to boltor)