Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Idea To Make Stealth More Interesting.

Luminati07

Hey everyone,

I was lurking a thread titled "The mother of all rants" - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/92305-the-mother-of-all-rants'>Link

It brought up some valid points.

I was discussing stealth in the comments, and I thought up an idea.

There's many complaints about stealth in the game, and DE is working on it.

There were some players who want stealth attacks to instakill every enemy. I disagree with that, I believe that stealth attacks should be able to kill all enemies, with the exception of the highest level mobs.

So, I thought of this:

If you stealth attack an enemy, and they don't die, it applies some kind of debuff to them.

They could limp to a control panel to raise the alarm. They know they're injured badly, and their only option is to alert the ship.

They could start bleeding out from the wound, applying a heavy DoT.

Holding their throat to stop the bleeding, while they stagger to a control panel.

I think that sort of thing makes perfect sense.

Without getting too graphic. If someone attacks me with a knife from behind, I sure as hell won't be able to turn around and start shooting them in the face with unaffected accuracy, and start running backwards.

It'd need some new animations, but would be a massive step in the right direction (imo)

Thoughts?

Edited by Nugget_

Sweet, I put a link up so hopefully the OP will add your suggestion.

I think starting a new thread is the best way to test a new idea.  That said, the stickied thread should be kept in the loop :)

Edited by RaianStar

Yes it doesn't make much sense. But with all that modern technology, stealth should be much harder. When you kill someone, they won't report therefore ship's command will soon know that someone is here and alert whole ship. The same applies when you destroy a security camera on corpus missions.
But still they don't know where exactly you are, so they will be just patroling. I don't know why they patrol the ship when they know that nobody is
aboard. They should just move goods and supplies and do that common stuff you do on ship.
When they see you, they shuld alert the whole room and call for reinforcements, but in other rooms they will still be just patroling.
Also I don't get that thing with ship's sensors. If they didn't detect me when I get there, how they can detect me when someone saw me?

Yes it doesn't make much sense. But with all that modern technology, stealth should be much harder. When you kill someone, they won't report therefore ship's command will soon know that someone is here and alert whole ship. The same applies when you destroy a security camera on corpus missions.

But still they don't know where exactly you are, so they will be just patroling. I don't know why they patrol the ship when they know that nobody is aboard. They should just move goods and supplies and do that common stuff you do on ship.

When they see you, they shuld alert the whole room and call for reinforcements, but in other rooms they will still be just patroling.

Also I don't get that thing with ship's sensors. If they didn't detect me when I get there, how they can detect me when someone saw me?

It'd be a nice touch for the enemies to be working if we are undetected, maybe have a couple on lookout, but, I completely agree. If they don't know someone is on the ship, why is every single enemy patrolling for us. It's like they don't have to do anything to keep a massive spaceship running.

The ship's sensors are activated when an enemy makes it to a control panel.

I think it will be cool if you could like... I don't know, stealth attack their legs or something... They already have limb dismemberment in Warframe, might as well do more with it rather than just a death animation. Plus I like to see them raise an alarm without a leg.

At first I thought that instakilling should be what stealth attacks did. to compensate, it could be made harder, performing a stealth attack. Loki's and Ash's Invis could have been tweaked to make it harder to stealth kill. My reasoning was that Stealth kills could feel infinitely rewarding while actually requiring skill to perform.

I don't this mind idea, though. Although I think that Stealth kills should do more than it does now. It's less rewarding than charge attacks, and that, for me, ruins the whole thing. Also, it's just way too easy to perform stealth kills when you start a mission (provided you're not in a higher tier map where ridiculous amounts of enemies have been spawned) but hard to get the back ship to an unalerted state when you've been spotted. The AI aggro is wonky. Enemies seem to spot me through walls at times while at times they couldn't see me even if I tied their laces for them.

At times I feel that Stealth just doesn't work in this game. I have trouble when there are 6 or more enemies in a tiny room just circling around doing nothing. I can't change or alter their patrol courses like I can in other games. At times like this, I just hit invis and tear them apart. I don't want to have to do that. Maybe I'm being whiney here, but I might as well sound off while we're on the topic.

Edited by Paprika

Ah so you did do this thread yay :3

But yes, getting your neck snapped and being able to run around yelling "HE'S HERE" doesn't make much sense 

Or getting impaled through the torso....

I stand by my claims from a while ago, stealth attacks should be instant kills, period.

A backstab through the damn chest should do the trick, regardless of weapon level or damage.  It's hard enough to sneak up on enemies in this game with their amazing view arc and random patrol patterns.  If you earn that kill, no way should you be denied the damn kill.

Just my two cents.

Stealth attacks have to be instant kills. If it doesn't, then your stealth is instantly gone because the enemies are telepathic and they can instantly alert every other enemy on the map.

It's actually been a while since I did a stealth playthrough, so this could be completely wrong.

I've found enemies only know you're there if they see you. I've shot grineer in the face with a Paris, right next to their mates, and they don't bat an eyelid.

With my idea, you could cripple an enemy. Leave him to crawl to a console, or another room, while you take out his friends.

I'm against instant kills on all enemies for 2 reasons.

1. I think it'd be better this way, that's just my opinion.

2. DE has explicitly said that they don't want stealth to be an instant kill on all enemies.

Thankyou for the feedback, everyone.

Stealth attack can't instantly kill any enemy. Some of grineer soldiers have so many robotic parts that they may survive stab through their insides for some time. And what about infected? Where you should stab them to hit important organs?
I think that stealth kill should just have large multiplier and should ignore armor. So you could kill in one stealth attack most enemies but some more healthy ones will survive it. Players then have to kill the smaller ones first and then take out heavies.

I think that stealth kill should just have large multiplier and should ignore armor. So you could kill in one stealth attack most enemies but some more healthy ones will survive it. Players then have to kill the smaller ones first and then take out heavies.

That's almost exactly what I suggested in my OP.

I just said that enemies that you don't kill in 1 hit should be affected in some way. Rather than just turn around and shoot you in the face.

Edited by Nugget_