Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boompigxd's Boss Reworks

BoompigXD

Currently, Nef Anyo is the weakest boss of them all, but i think i have a surefire way of making him an interesting and fun boss

Phase 1:

Nef Anyo is protected by a shield, protecting him from all shots. He will fire down on you as you have to make your way up to him

Phase 2:

This is where things get interesting, Nef Anyo will hide in storage containers, and you have to find the right one, these containers respawn too. Anyo has traps set in some of the containers so you have to be observant (There will be hints, not huge ones, but ones big enough that an observant player can find). Once found he can be damaged, but that doesn't mean he won't try to kill you, he's armed with a Spectra and Heat Dagger (I think a Dagger fits his theme) to take you out, he also won't flail when hit with electricity. After enough damage he cloaks and runs away to hide again, Resetting the traps. If you don't spot him, Anyo comes out of nowhere to shoot you in the bum.

Phase 3: (This is an optional thought, DE can ignore this if they so choose)

Anyo's had enough of your crap, so he calls a Jackal and some drones to help him out. Anyo gets on top of the Jackal and will start shooting from the top of the Jackal with his Lanka.  Anyo can throw grenades from there, and shoot you with his railgun. Jackal retains his move set. Killing Jackal forces Anyo to fight one on land with only a Railgun, but you don't have to kill Jackal.

If Jackal is down, you can melee Anyo, which in this form, does more damage to him than your guns.

Now lets get on to my ingenious Phroid Rework (Disclaimer: I do not have an overinflated ego in any way, shape or form)

Just like all bosses currently, Phorid is a bullet sponge, so lets change that!

When you enter the battlefield (Preferably a large outdoors area, where it's night) Phorid is nowhere to be seen. You have a large area with multiple rooms to explore. You are still limited to only this area (A lockdown will take place once you enter the field, the cutscene shows the battlefield). Your goal is to sneak up behind Phorid, and shoot him in the bum.

You and Phorid are actively looking for each other. Both of you are hunting each other down. Phorid's front is heavily protected, and ignores 80% of all damage (This is not armor, this can not be bypassed with AP/AI weapons) his backside is where you have to shoot him.

Phorid has a big light coming from his front, which he uses to see, if he spots you, RUN! He will chase you, FAST, and will hit you with the force of a T-Rex. Once he's lost sight of you, you have to find him again and sneak up on him. Once you do sneak up on him, you have 5 or 10 seconds to unload as much ammo as you can onto his bum, then he chases you, and you have to start over.

In the case that i might not have explained it well, heres the jist of it

-You have a large open area (Again, preferably nighttime and outdoors)

-You have to find Phorid before he finds you

-You must attack his backside, as his front ignores most damage (Again, not armor, it can't be bypassed with AI/AP weapons)

-Phroid can lose sight of you, and go back into the non-alert phase

The reason i think this would be good for a Phroid rework is

A: I think it would make him more interesting and fun

B: Tension, Paranoia, and Surprise: Just because this is an action game doesn't mean DE can't make you evacuate your bowels, by wondering where Phorid is, or jumping whenever he finds you.

Edited by BoompigXD

+1 for making him some kind of stealthy sniper.

I'm not sure about him being able to hide in containers and such, it'd be very easy for players to just destroy them all.

Not to mention that his boxhead wouldn't fit :P

My vision of this is:

He begins perched somewhere up high. His own sniper nest. Maybe on his own personal tower.

He's taken out the ladder, and the squad has 2 options to get to him.

1. Some complex wallrunning. This nets you a direct route to his nest, allowing you to reach him quicker than the alternative.

This should satisfy those itching for some more parkour.

He will be firing on the Tenno as they use parkour to get to his location.

2. The alternative takes longer to reach him. (This should satisfy those who complain or do not like mandatory wallrunning)

This way provides partial cover to his sniper fire, but he has scattered traps along the path to his tower.

It'd be great to have something like this.

I Hope that every boss receives an overhaul, and some kind of special battlefield.

*Edit*

Think Borderlands 2

The missions where you are down load, and Mordecai is up in his perch firing accurately down on enemies.

That's the kind of scope I'm thinking of.

Nef Anyo could be seriously high up, able to fire upon you with stunning accuracy.

A new tile could be created with a mountain, or a giant Corpus structure.

Nef Anyo would either be in a little perch in the mountain, or on the top of the structure.

Edited by Nugget_

+1 for making him some kind of stealthy sniper.

I'm not sure about him being able to hide in containers and such, it'd be very easy for players to just destroy them all.

Not to mention that his boxhead wouldn't fit :P

My vision of this is:

He begins perched somewhere up high. His own sniper nest. Maybe on his own personal tower.

He's taken out the ladder, and the squad has 2 options to get to him.

1. Some complex wallrunning. This nets you a direct route to his nest, allowing you to reach him quicker than the alternative.

This should satisfy those itching for some more parkour.

He will be firing on the Tenno as they use parkour to get to his location.

2. The alternative takes longer to reach him. (This should satisfy those who complain or do not like mandatory wallrunning)

This way provides partial cover to his sniper fire, but he has scattered traps along the path to his tower.

It'd be great to have something like this.

I Hope that every boss receives an overhaul, and some kind of special battlefield.

Maybe have some of the containers contain traps that he has set.

That could work

Also, your version has some flaws, mostly the fact that somebody with a Vulkar, Lanka, or Snipertron could kill him from that distance away

Also, you never gave me my +1

Edited by BoompigXD

I would like to have Nef Anyo have a tile were he holds the high ground and takes shots at you, and summons moas to distract you. Have it so you can either fight your way up to him, were he can cloak/de-cloak among shipping containers while fighting up close. Or you can choose to have a sniper duel with him (and possibly he comes down to fight you himself at 50% or something).

His load out should be; Lanka/ Spectra/ Prova