Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Bunch Of Ideas For This Game!

Anunymau5

WARNING: It's like 2:00 AM here and I haven't slept in almost 38 hours so grammar and spelling might not be perfect.

Ok heres a bunch of stuff I would like to see added to the game. Feel free to give feedback.

1: Mod stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I love the mod system, please don't change it. But I feel like it could be enhanced with things such as Prime Mods: Mods that would be slightly more powerful than their non-prime counterparts and would contain two polarities allowing you to have more options for placement. Or possibly in the cases of Serration, Hornet Strike, Vitality, etc. The mods could have fewer levels but still have the same max power as their counterparts. Max Serration and Serration Prime both have the same dmg buff but Serration prime is only 6 levels. 

Another mod concept I had was for projectile weapons like the Boltor, Dera, Bolto, Etc. This mod would increase the projectile speed of the dart/laser to a max of lets say 40=70%? Tell me what you think but that's all my mod ideas.

2: Forma.

I kinda like and hate forma. To be honest I don't really ever forma weapons, except my paris and that's simply because I don't need more polarities. What I need is more slots. Not more capacity but more slots overall. Which is why I think you should be able to use maybe 2 forma or something to add another mod slots with a max of 2-4 more slots. This would allow more more unique weapon builds and add more use for forma overall. Either use forma or add another rare resource that can do that. 

3: Stalker(s)

Here's what I thought was my coolest idea but I don't want to sound narcissistic. Anyways, if you look at the stalker, he seems to be a corrupted Excalibur. I know that it's pretty much been all but confirmed that he's basically a rogue Tenno but that doesn't mean he's not a corrupted Excal. In the last Livestream, DE said they wanted to add stuff like player choices to the campaign and how it would affect the outcome of the game or something. I was thinking that possibly the Stalker could be one outcome. Also back to the stalker being a corrupted Excalibur, what if there were Stalker version of other frames? Like a stalker Trinity could have a stalker version of the Braton, Vasto, and Gram or something. They could also drop their helmets which could be used as an alt helm for various effects.

4: Weapon changes and idea.

Ok the first big one here is the Lanka. I love this gun but I wish it would have a different model because honestly it doesn't really look like a railgun. Also it's pretty much impossible to differentiate from the Snipetron unless they fire it or tell you. Second, I need a better indicator of when it is fully charged while zoomed in. DE please add a charge meter right by your ammo count or something.

The charge meter also leads right into my next weapon complaint/ide: Scopes. Seriously we need something better than just intense zoom when using a sniper. I want a scope of some kind which could also house the Lanka charge meter. It wouldn't even be that hard. Just make a flashy glowing circle with a plus in the middle. 

Finally, weapon Equipping: this is one that a buddy and I discussed for quite a while. Pretty much we agreed that we want to use our melee as an equippable weapon. We both really want to run around through a ship holding swords instead of just mashing E all the time. The other weapon equipping idea I had was for secondaries. Instead of having a blueprint for a single pistol and then a blueprint for dual pistols, why not just have a left hand right hand equip system? DE could divide up their pistols into thrown, auto, semi auto, and burst, allowing you to for instance have a furis in one hand and a viper in the other. Or a lex and a lato. Or a Sicarus and a Kraken. Well you get the idea.

5: Maps.

This last one is pretty simple, DE should add custom surface for each planet except Mercury cuz that isn't survivable. For instance, Earth could be a wrecked and burned city but with a large Grineer base underground, or maybe build over the ruins of the old Earth. The corpus could also have some sort of a city map on pluto or something. We could also have the repeatedly referenced but never shown Orokin towers as a map. (Unless the dojo is in those towers) Oh and Infested surface. Please.

So that ends my large jumbled list of stuff I kinda want added in the game. Tell me what you think.

EDIT: Supposed to be 28 hours, hit the wrong key theres sorry. Jesus 38?

Edited by Anunymau5

1. serration + split chamber + prime versions of them = lol nope

2. adding slots to a wep is not a great idea imo. at that point its less "i have a build to try" and more "i have all the mods on". in other words, you take away a level of customization by doing that.

3. what stalker? lame/old jokes aside, i dont think we need more rng in getting weps from the/a stalker. with the current way of getting him, it would take 4-5 levels of rng calculations to be lucky enough to even get one item from him. that said, having a new stalker model or two would be kinda neat to see from time to time, would make him more interesting.

4a. im sure we will see new weapon skins show up soon enough.

and yes, the lanka needs a charge indicator somewhere that is more readily visible... perhaps on the reticule.

4b. scopes are ok i suppose, no real point in not having them.

4c. imma have to go with no here.

5. you do realize that most of the planets in our solar system are not "survivable" right? why would mercury not have a surface but jupiter would? as for the race specific surfaces, they are coming.

oh and the void keys bro, those take place in the orokin towers, though it would be kinda neat to see one from the outside for a change.

I stopped reading at you have not slept in 38 hours. Get some sleep mate and relax. I used to do this and had 2 operations. People die. Nothing online is worth being ill for or dying. I'll read your next post that says hi i just woke up and had a great nights sleep! Although why anyone would start a thread like that i have no idea.

I stopped reading at you have not slept in 38 hours. Get some sleep mate and relax.I used to do this and had 2 operations. People die. Nothing online is worth being ill for or dying.

its not always because of a game bro.

i often cant sleep for long periods of time regardless of what i do. some people are just wired differently.

that said, sleep deprivation is indeed a bad thing. if it is indeed a game that is causing it, put it down and chill a bit.

1. serration + split chamber + prime versions of them = lol nope

4a. im sure we will see new weapon skins show up soon enough.

and yes, the lanka needs a charge indicator somewhere that is more readily visible... perhaps on the reticule.

4b. scopes are ok i suppose, no real point in not having them.

oh and the void keys bro, those take place in the orokin towers, though it would be kinda neat to see one from the outside for a change.

I meant the prime would replace the normal one. I cant equip the braton and braton prime at the same time so why would I be able to equip Serration and Serration Prime?

I like scopes because the current aiming reticle doesn't really work for me when zoomed in.

Also, why would the holding your melee as a weapon be a bad thing?

And the Void Keys take place in pocket dimensions not the orokin towers.

Edited by Anunymau5

I stopped reading at you have not slept in 38 hours. Get some sleep mate and relax. I used to do this and had 2 operations. People die. Nothing online is worth being ill for or dying. I'll read your next post that says hi i just woke up and had a great nights sleep! Although why anyone would start a thread like that i have no idea.

I suffer from really bad insomnia and I don't like sleeping medication.

1) If prime mods were slightly better then normal mods. There is no point in having normal mods, therefore no.

2) I agree with alchemistjkt

3)More stalkers could be fine, but they should be independent. One stalker would hunt you for assasinations and other for sabotations, maybe they could even appear at the same time.

4) Agree with Lanka. Scopes are fine but not really necessary. And no, I like melee system we have now.

5) I would definitely like more outside maps, but practically every planet's
environment (except Earth) is not survivable. We don't even know whether warframes has own respiratory system. And Jupiter doesn't even have a surface, it's gas giant.

1) If prime mods were slightly better then normal mods. There is no point in having normal mods, therefore no.

2) I agree with alchemistjkt

3)More stalkers could be fine, but they should be independent. One stalker would hunt you for assasinations and other for sabotations, maybe they could even appear at the same time.

4) Agree with Lanka. Scopes are fine but not really necessary. And no, I like melee system we have now.

5) I would definitely like more outside maps, but practically every planet's environment (except Earth) is not survivable. We don't even know whether warframes has own respiratory system. And Jupiter doesn't even have a surface, it's gas giant.

Based on your point, couldn't that also apply to prime weapons and frames? The mods would be rare or possibly something you have to craft.

On the idea of outside maps, it doesn't need to be a surface, just an exterior. For instance, since Jupiter has an excessive amount of helium, it could be some sort of flying city or possibly using the whole giant diamond at the centre of jupiter theory. Or maybe even since the planet is Infested, it could be some giant growth coming out from the centre of the planet (like the fungus that grows on the walls and whatnot). It's also been pretty clear that warframes probably have some sort of respiratory system seeing as how they end missions by hanging onto the outside of a little spaceship. 

Based on your point, couldn't that also apply to prime weapons and frames? The mods would be rare or possibly something you have to craft.

On the idea of outside maps, it doesn't need to be a surface, just an exterior. For instance, since Jupiter has an excessive amount of helium, it could be some sort of flying city or possibly using the whole giant diamond at the centre of jupiter theory. Or maybe even since the planet is Infested, it could be some giant growth coming out from the centre of the planet (like the fungus that grows on the walls and whatnot). It's also been pretty clear that warframes probably have some sort of respiratory system seeing as how they end missions by hanging onto the outside of a little spaceship. 

I like your ideas, that could work.

Prime weapons have different stats, they are not just better. The only prime mods which would be acceptable would be nightmare-like mods, bonus to something and penalty to something other. For example Serration Prime: +20% damage -2% fire rate per level.

Edit: Changed 15% to 20%. 15% is the same as Serration, my bad.

Edited by Enguzrad

I like your ideas, that could work.

Prime weapons have different stats, they are not just better. The only prime mods which would be acceptable would be nightmare-like mods, bonus to something and penalty to something other. For example Serration Prime: +15% damage -2% fire rate per level.

Yeah I agree with that. that could be cool.