The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Cant Use My Native Resolution Or Game Will Kill My Gpu

Minoumimi

..the ONLY resolution where my 3rd looks good and my fps goes up to 120,well i normally always limit it to 60 with precision but neway..Steady 60 fps at all times ...So not a question of performance well i guess..

my card is a GTX 460 SC (older model but new) / Replaced a 9800 gx2,

on idle, no cores running+voltage down ,its 29Celsius

gpu idle ,but cores running(chrome etc) thats with gpu 0% load but cores at 100% and voltage up 35Celsius

in other words..heatsink is doing good..my 9800 gx2 NO LOAD Had top gpu 59C and bottom gpu 54C SO YAAA

~!~!~!~!~!~!!!~~! Settings!~!~!~~~!~!~!~

all settings maxed out (except physX freaking doesnt do anything,and motion blur ,if not cant see crap!!)

1280X960 or 1280x800 seems to be my best bet for now...But still is ugly has Aunt jemima..Love her pancakes but gosh! tried all scaling in nvidia let display..let gpu..force override..Anything!!!

Only 2 display my 22' Hdlcdtv will do is 1680x1050 Native  and if i try 1280X800 it will itself display it in 1280X960

So i use my gpu to display most of the time.

So all super high+nvidia panel on let application decide 1280x960 gets me 50~60 steady FPS with precision fps lock with GPU load at 40% everywhere except for some reason in Clan dojo or XINI wich i am all day long xD it gets it to 65% load around 70Celsius wth fan at 85%

NOW WTF!>!>!>!>!>!> (-_XO------(-_- Q-)  <<<Blasphemy!!!!>>>

1680X1050 wich is my 22inch Native resolution wich EVEN! my old 9800 gx2 had NO problem dealing with...even a Hd4650 on a Agp P4 can handle it ~_~ but ya i dont use that pc cant handle anything haha..basicly not a single of my cards care about resolution...except this GTX 460 SC...

Now 1860X1050 resolution all settings on LOW + Nvidia control panel let application Or force everything to the lowest, 

Simply doesnt change ANYTHING actually lower settings i go more it looks like its lagging so i put everything back on max and its smooth again....

Now 1680X1050 max OR low no matter what settings GPU load is now 60-70%

Except in clan dojo or Xini it jumps to 98% load and gpu 103C with image starting to crackle maybe other maps too but ya those 2 woow

In other words....same pc same screen BRAND NEW gtx 460 sc that replaced a old 9800 GX2 that lasted 6 years and had no problem running 1680X1050 (couldnt have memory high though) yes its was a double gpu but still...gpu's would load 28% both of them so mostly 60-70% on a single gpu...

I can play Apb reloaded with AA 32X Q csaa + 16 anistropic Supersampling all game settings maxed!! 1680X1050!! resolution!! in other words that game and those settings should ask twice the amount of process then Warframe wich a 7 years old card can run...Yet on APB it loads at 70% and runs at 75C with a steady 55-60 fps once again.....

Why the HECK!!!!! Cant i run warframe in 1680X1050!?!?!?!?!?  the graphics are horrible without it...i tried every single resolutions...scaled or ratio or fullscreen..display or gpu,override game or programs..

i had my gpu under 98% load some other games too...yet with fan at 100% it stays under 80Celsius but with warframe no mather what it hits the roof and if i dont alt tab BYBYE brand new gpu...

So is there something i can do to fix that...? sigh maybe underclock a SC version? xD

or wowowow any other resolutions that SHOULD look has good but smaller? without that nasty stretching and distortion?

cause at this point i had better 3d with my old 9800 gx2 on a 17'  1366x768 screen but the screen burned soooo now its that 22' or nothing ~_~

Edited by Kojakos

Your CPU?

As this game is also CPU bound for me most of the time, you also need to make sure your CPU is strong enough too.

I am getting 30-35FPS min(at big area) with all low except PhysX GPU and texture, with a i5-3210M.

So you may need x3 single thread performance of my CPU(which is weaker than a desktop i3) to get max, or waiting for them to do some multi-threads optimization as they also try to pushing this game into PS4. :)

performance is not a problem at all 1680x1050 everything on max with even overrid supersampling ill get 50~120 fps  cpu loadings at 40%  i just cant stay at 1680x1050 if not my gpu gets 100Celsius in 2 minutes...Yet the fps stays high and i see no lag... its my native resolution and the ONLY one that looks nice but the card overheats if i use it....see its suposed to go up to 3200 resolution and my old cards can hande 1680x1050 NO problem

performance is not a problem at all 1680x1050 everything on max with even overrid supersampling ill get 50~120 fps  cpu loadings at 40%  i just cant stay at 1680x1050 if not my gpu gets 100Celsius in 2 minutes...Yet the fps stays high and i see no lag... its my native resolution and the ONLY one that looks nice but the card overheats if i use it....see its suposed to go up to 3200 resolution and my old cards can hande 1680x1050 NO problem

Now I understand.

Try enable Vsync and using FPS limit to 59FPS to reduce the Vsync input lag.

Of just using FPS limit to 60FPS if you don't care about tearing, but not input lag. :)

PS:Vsync will make your GPU more cooler than only using FPS limit.

PS2:Remember to force PhysX to CPU, and disable PhysX in game, as it will lock your frequency to max!(except boost)

Edited by BenYeeHua