Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Like The Direction Warframe Is Heading And Has De Bitten Off More Than They Can Chew?

MEsoJD

All I can think of is.

Either Grind, or RNG.

Don't put them together, NEVER, EVER.

I can bear with Grind. I'm ok with just pure RNG.

But having to Grind ON RNG?

I've taken 2 months-ish break from Warframe, nope.

I'm not getting that fire back in my heart to play this game.

Or what if the corpus kept a few humans alive, then Lotus came in, saved them, and turned them into Tenno (the first Tenno, us). With so many cryopods defences, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason we are still alive is because the Corpus have stored us somewhere.

Aren't corpus humans though? They look pretty human.

I'm tempted to get my money back for my founders package. How many founders want PvP? Hmm. I do!

Honestly I think DE kinda shot themselves in the foot on this issue. One the big things that stopped companies from publishing it was that it wasn't going to have PvP and they just dropped it. That alone should have told them that even if they hadn't considered it, they should because; the content requirements are less, the replayablity is high, and it can drum up revenue and visibility.

If they had chosen to make it a sci-fi arcade pvp game they could have tacked the current pve model on people wouldn't have nearly as much issue with it, and the game would probably be far better balanced since it would have to be. Meaning issues like exploding rooms with a single key, mods scaling damage (pretty much all damage mods wouldn't exist, elemental mods would would probably change base damage type), and armor woes just wouldn't exist because the pve content would still have to be based on what players are capable of from pvp.

Honestly I think DE kinda shot themselves in the foot on this issue. One the big things that stopped companies from publishing it was that it wasn't going to have PvP and they just dropped it. That alone should have told them that even if they hadn't considered it, they should because; the content requirements are less, the replayablity is high, and it can drum up revenue and visibility.

If they had chosen to make it a sci-fi arcade pvp game they could have tacked the current pve model on people wouldn't have nearly as much issue with it, and the game would probably be far better balanced since it would have to be. Meaning issues like exploding rooms with a single key, mods scaling damage (pretty much all damage mods wouldn't exist, elemental mods would would probably change base damage type), and armor woes just wouldn't exist because the pve content would still have to be based on what players are capable of from pvp.

Another person suggested that the DE make Warframes specifically for PvP. Balance them around PvP! Develop Mods that are balanced around PvP. Could even introduce a MOBA theme that will allow you to unlock abilities and gear in a match by leveling up in that match.

Ultimately, DE will have no choice but to introduce PvP into Warframe. They can do an amazing job with it and I'm certain of that. Just when will the people who pull the strings realize this? If DE_Steve and DE_Scott had free reign, I have faith in those two.

Edited by Mythblaze

DE really needs to focus on quality over quantity.

This is painfully true.

They need to focus on: optimization, lore, core gameplay mechanics, and the AI. Great framework in place, it just needs to really, really be flushed out for the game to be rock solid.

Agree the discussion here is great, taking notes!

Not sure why I didn't pick up on this when I read it the first time, but I'm certain everything that's been mentioned in this thread should not be news to you - criticisms and ideas for improvement alike, for every point that's been raised so far, have been put forth ad nauseum.

If you're only taking notes now, that's a concern.  If you've taken notes on these issues in the past, actioning those would be a better course than to summarise this discussion.

Just saiyan.

Not sure why I didn't pick up on this when I read it the first time, but I'm certain everything that's been mentioned in this thread should not be news to you - criticisms and ideas for improvement alike, for every point that's been raised so far, have been put forth ad nauseum.

If you're only taking notes now, that's a concern.  If you've taken notes on these issues in the past, actioning those would be a better course than to summarise this discussion.

Just saiyan.

Exactly.

Little late, dont you think?

There was so much valid feedback posted in the last months with no  dev feedback or even acknowledgment at all.

Now that they added rewards to this 'amazing' event, most of the players that are complaining are probably going to go and do some &#! kissing to DE. Throw at them 3 mods and everything is not only fine, but it's going to be considered the greatest event ever! DE is improving! DE is listening to our complaints! Ah, so easy to please.

For a moment right there, I thought that maybe we attracted DE's attention (in a good way), and that things are going to change, but we just lost most of our supporters with these amazing rewards.

Back to endless farming it is! Feels good to be part of the minority again.

Edited by Kohira

Now that they added rewards to this 'amazing' event, most of the players that are complaining are probably going to go and do some &#! kissing to DE. Throw at them 3 mods and everything is not only fine, but it's going to be considered the greatest event ever! DE is improving! DE is listening to our complaints! Ah, so easy to please.

For a moment right there, I thought that maybe we attracted DE's attention (in a good way), and that things are going to change, but we just lost most of our supporters with these amazing rewards.

Well... for what it's worth, I don't think many consider it the greatest event, if only due to the implementation of the late rewards.  The way it was timed put international players in a pretty tight spot - for us Australians, the rewards were announced Sunday morning, and it was only by chance I had the afternoon free to throw away for the event.

Now I've riced up 106 points and it's 8:55PM, haven't had dinner yet and an early start for work tomorrow, so that's my Sunday down the drain...

Well... for what it's worth, I don't think many consider it the greatest event, if only due to the implementation of the late rewards.  The way it was timed put international players in a pretty tight spot - for us Australians, the rewards were announced Sunday morning, and it was only by chance I had the afternoon free to throw away for the event.

Now I've riced up 106 points and it's 8:55PM, haven't had dinner yet and an early start for work tomorrow, so that's my Sunday down the drain...

does not sound like you had much fun when you consider your sunday being wasted, and that's the real problem here. i am not playing warframe for fun, i do play it just for the occassional alert reward.

if DE does not put up any real endgame content the next few patches, they might loose me and i believe a lot of others too since there is NOTHING new to do in this game besides grinding boring missions.

Their game engine is either not optimized or close to being tapped out. My 2600k at 4.6ghz uses 1 core. My gtx770 Classified barely up clocks and runs in the mid 40Cs.

The ai in this game needs an overhaul, needs redone, needs a lot of work. I realize just as much as anyone that a majority of these players want to be able to run through an entire level without shooting anyone.then they want to be able to do this 5 times over in you know 10 12 minutes.

I come from a first person shooter background. I know that when this game gets released as a sci-fi third person shooter it's only going to take two weeks before most of your shooter crowd is completely bored to death with the game because of how freakin easy it is

i am not playing warframe for fun, i do play it just for the occassional alert reward.

Well said. That has been the problem of most of the events, the incentive to actually play them is the rewards, not the gameplay/experience itself. You rarely see people who play the events because they are having fun, they play it because of the rewards, and the player attitude towards the events was clearly shown during this event when we didn't think we'll get any rewards, people didn't want to do more than one mission.

The people who do enjoy the gameplay are those who aren't bothered by grinding, everyone who hates... though luck.

But who can blame them? Who can blame them for not wanting to repeat the same grind over and over in a short time span just to get some exclusive mods? The events should be a change of pace, of gameplay. The incentive to play this needs to be the gameplay not the rewards.

It should break the monotony of the grind, but that only happens for the first few missions until you realize that you have been thrown into just another tedious grind that resembles what you have been doing up until that moment.

Once again, bad priorities from DE, instead of concentrating on gameplay, they throw in some mods that they forgot they have and call it a day. Of course that DE doesn't prioritize the gameplay, they don't have the time to do such things since THEY MAKE EVENTs WEEKLY. Christ, these things should have been monthly not weekly.

Edited by Kohira

I got my hundred but am still worried about where this game is heading.

Agree.

But most of things you numbered will be added or fixed in Update 10

The same way they said that Update 9 will be the update in which they fix most things? Look where we are, DE's promises mean nothing now. They are probably going to fix one or two things and leave us with a lot of other problems.

I heard lots of promises before Update 9, I still see an extreme amount of bugs and lack of features that could be easy to implement.

This is still Open beta...

First you say that we should trust DE, the same way we trusted them before U9 and now you use the beta excuse? Really dude? Who are you trying to convince? Worst excuses of this entire thread.

The beta excuse is dead, it's time they change their priorities or this game is going to hell.

Edited by Kohira