Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The crawl

B1ackID

So here's the thing. On the first mission on Venus I got to a part wher I need to crawl in a small gap to get to the extraction point. Turns out I'm not good at noticing stuff like that, so I was wondering around for like 10 minutes or so. Problem is above that hole is a platform you can walk on, and I may have activated the spawn system for next stage before going through the hole.

So I eventually found the tunnel entrance, but while I had been wondering around, all the Grineer, infested and whatever else there is had gathered on the other side of the tunnel. Here is where tings get interesting. Those Grineer cant duck!

I basically had to sit there, shooting for what seemed like 5 minutes straight. I used up all my gun ammo + 1/2 my late amo xD.

Now don't get me wrong, this was the easyest mission so far and I got an insane fire accuracy % (at least for my average score), but I really love the game and want to help improve it :D

Here's the TLDR:

Make Grineer able to duck, or make sure spawn trigger points are further away from "duck to go through" obstacles.

Love the game, still want that girl to narrate my life. Keep up the good work <3

Edited by B1ackID

The area you're talking about usually doesn't lead to a level ending or beginning. I think that's an unfortunate side effect of tile randomization. The little area down there usually just contains a couple unlocked lockers, and I believe it was designed so that only the player could get in to it so it was "secret" and a bit of a breather (especially on harder levels). I would actually counter that suggestion by asking that the door down in that crawlspace be blacklisted from connecting to other tiles so that the idea of a hidden room that gives you a breather from enemies can remain.

Personal preference though.

Edit: Oh! Also. For whatever reason, you cannot roll through the crawl space. Not unless you're already crouched. If you're standing and try to roll in to the crawl space it blocks you as though you are too big. If that could be looked in to and changed, it'd be awesome.

Edited by Zythi

Well, the thing is, that was the only path one could take to go to the other section of the level (basically the other half of the level). I do love the idea of a safe place, but just camping there killing half the level's enemies from a safe place seems a bit too much. Maybe adding a constrain that does not allow spawn triggers to be placed near such tunnel, or having an alternative path would be nice (I would've never even noticed the tunnel if there was a door next to it.

Well, the thing is, that was the only path one could take to go to the other section of the level (basically the other half of the level). I do love the idea of a safe place, but just camping there killing half the level's enemies from a safe place seems a bit too much. Maybe adding a constrain that does not allow spawn triggers to be placed near such tunnel, or having an alternative path would be nice (I would've never even noticed the tunnel if there was a door next to it.

I meant the room on the other side of the crawlspace, as to the "safe place". The door in that room usually doesn't actually lead anywhere, and I would contend that it shouldn't ever lead anywhere. But the tilesets in this game are randomized and sometimes it does. I was suggesting they blacklist that door so it can't happen and the idea of it being a secret room is preserved.