Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage and the Plains

Brosephelon

Mirage's Eclipse ability has been wonky on the Plains basically since their launch now.  

Most of the time Eclipse is stuck in "dark mode" giving damage resist.  In the middle of an open field in daytime?  Yeah thats considered "dark", inside a brightly lit grineer hut?  Yep thats "dark".  

The only places I've been even close to "reliably" (and I use that word VERY loosely here) get the "light" mode is by sometimes being ontop of a mountain or cliff side, during daytime, at certain angles on the terrain.   Yep not just on a mountain top a day, but you have to be at the "correct angle" ontop of that mountain to actually get "light" mode.  What exactly is the "correct angle" hell if I could ever figure it out, but if I ran around a mountain I could see the buff icon near the health bar changing, but I could never do it consistently enough to figure out what was or wasn't triggering it. 

I understanding getting Mirage to detect the proper lighting (or lack there of) for the Plains might represent a real technical challenge, especially since this has been a persistent issue since the plains has gone live over 4 months ago.  Could there perhaps be a change to Mirages Eclipse ability to atleast allow Mirage to force which mode she wants in and out of the plains?  Perhaps make it like Ivara Quiver where you can press and hold to change mode and simply have the strength of that particular mode be effected by how light or dark it is, such as how Octavias Amp ability is with sound?  

This post is kinda old, but yeah been talking about this interaction for a while, and how garbage it is for Mirage. 

I tried to push for a change when they were messing with her Sleight of Hand (which I still think is a lackluster ability, although it has a couple super useful niche uses), but I don't think I received enough attention. Not enough of the community cares about Mirage's problems, and after DE released her primed version without any fixes it was apparent they didn't care all that much either. I tried to rally the community again recently when they started making a lot of frame changes, but it got over shadowed by how upset they got that their precious Ember and Chroma were getting messed with.

Obviously you don't have to read them, but if you're curious they both highlight various problems that continue to be ongoing and unfair to such a beautiful frame.