The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Opinions?

Voxinor

Question

Hello.

My Latron just finished building in foundry. So, is it worth using? I have level 24 MK1-Braton fully modded (but used it only for first few hours of playtime, when I just started this game), and level 30 strung fully modded (currently using it, more than satisfied how it can one/two-shot kill pretty much any enemy which is a bit lower level than 25). Now, I'm thinking about this build for Latron (also, am thinking about equiping it with Catalyst): Serration, Stormbringer, Metal Auger, Hellfire, Point Strike, Piercing Hit, Fast Hands and Rifle Ammo Conversion. Is this good?

Thanks in advance and regards.

11 answers to this question

Make the Latron Prime don't wait a Catalyst on the regular. The BEST build will be: Multi, Serration, Hellfire, Storm, Cryo, Piercing, then you have the option of Vital and Point for a crit build, or Wildfire and Speed trigger for a a bit less dps but more utility.

Ammo conversion is utterly pointless same with fast hands, damage mods are the best by far.

Again this is THE BEST BUILD as it has THE BEST DPS and ammo efficiency.

Edited by dadgoat

Hello.

My Latron just finished building in foundry. So, is it worth using? I have level 24 MK1-Braton fully modded (but used it only for first few hours of playtime, when I just started this game), and level 30 strung fully modded (currently using it, more than satisfied how it can one/two-shot kill pretty much any enemy which is a bit lower level than 25). Now, I'm thinking about this build for Latron (also, am thinking about equiping it with Catalyst): Serration, Stormbringer, Metal Auger, Hellfire, Point Strike, Piercing Hit, Fast Hands and Rifle Ammo Conversion. Is this good?

Thanks in advance and regards.

Hello mate,

For my latron prime, the most rewarding build is: Serration, split chamber, Piercing hit, rainbow (cyro rounds, hellfire and stormbringer) and crit (vital sense and point strike.

For your build... you should really squeeze cyro rounds at least, it's most useful. You should take out metal auger... puncture isn't any good in the game at the moment... and also ammo conversion mod.... latron is already super ammo efficient and you even have ammo boxes, no reason to use that mod really. If you want to keep a faster reload (fast hands) you can swap between hellfire and stormbringer depending the mission.

Also keep in mind that the latron prime is a direct upgrade to the latron, so you probably want to focus on that one instead of using things on the common latron.

Yea, I have Latron Prime blueprint and one part, but until I get all parts I want to use normal Latron (also, I have 2 Catalysts, so no problem with it).

Thanks for your answers, I guess I'll try damage and crit combination.

I have my standard Latron tater'd and forma'd three times. My personal build is:

Split Chamber

Serration

Piercing Hit

Metal Auger

Wildfire

Cryo Rounds

Eagle Eye

Fast Hands

Others that would be useful:

Magazine Warp

Thunder Clap

Speed Trigger

Latron is one of the most accurate rifles in the game, so always try to place your shots in enemy weak points. It is also one of the few firearms that currently have a "Hearing distance" on them, meaning if you shoot and kill an enemy from far enough away, other enemies around them won't instantly know where you are, as they didn't hear the shot. It's not completely silent, but it is still viable for stealth.

My mod set is build for an all-rounder use.

Auger is incredibly useful when you go to Infested missions, or there is a large group of enemies in a doorway or something. The goofy, drawn out death animations of some Grineer and Corpus also soak up bullets that could be hitting people behind them if you had a puncture mod, and instead of shooting just one enemy, you could shoot two or three if they are lined up. You can also shoot through edges of some walls, boxes, and doorways with it to hit people in cover. In my opinion, it is just as required as Serration and Split Chamber for this weapon.

Eagle eye helps with long-range shooting and close range headshots, but isn't needed. Magazine Warp could be slotted in there to increase shots before a reload, which can happen at the most inopportune times, but if you have Wildfire, you could also swap in Speed Trigger to get those rounds out a little bit faster (though less accurate). Fast Hands mitigates the somewhat long wait for a reload on this rifle.

The Elemental mods are self-explanatory.

Latron Prime has a higher base damage and would be better suited to a Critical build, as it's Crit Chance is 10% versus Latron's 7.5% (wiki). If you feel like you can wait to farm the Prime, hold your potatoes and forma for that instead. I'm currently working on mine.

If you really don't like the playstyle of the Latron, consider building a normal Braton, or a Braton Prime. Or get freaky, and invest in some of the research weapons, like the Dera.

And what would be best researcg weapon generally? Is it Flux, as it has 200 base damage (wiki)?

And what would be best researcg weapon generally? Is it Flux, as it has 200 base damage (wiki)?

Not really.... while with the buff is really nice.... it's a short range weapon that really is ammo draining. The range being a major no no in most cases, but it's nice to have for the players who like that.

For max power, probably the "best" (it's always a matter of opinion) research weapons would be torid/ogris.... and Acrid for the sidearm part

Not really.... while with the buff is really nice.... it's a short range weapon that really is ammo draining. The range being a major no no in most cases, but it's nice to have for the players who like that.

For max power, probably the "best" (it's always a matter of opinion) research weapons would be torid/ogris.... and Acrid for the sidearm part

Alright, thanks. :)