The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Warframe: Anubis+ Br's Random Arts

Bloodraptor

*reads through the pages int this forums that catch my attention*

Points I'd like to ask about:

Have you considered Native American, African, Roman, Greek, Arabian, and other cultures' myths as well? I personally would like to see your take on a Kachina based frame or some other part of mythology.

As for the earth one... Maybe it could have been crystal based and utilized metals already present within the structure of the ship and chemical cataylst and/or solvent circulating within the systems to accelerate crystal growth, and high pressure, high heat maintained within the arms and feet to allow for such reactions? It may be a feasible but highly difficult thing to obtain within a frame... But isn't this suppose to be the future? The technology to artificially grow crystals at accelerated rates may have been obtained by the Corpus. If we think of piezoelectricity and pyroelectricity that is possible with quartz and tourmaline, and that quartz is currently used in common place devices in various applications, there may be a possibly for this. Diamond can be easily made from carbon in the environment (i.e.- fresh corpses), but it requires high heat and pressure to do so. It could work as an armor for this crystal frame.

This thought trail falls into my own Warframe idea I'm trying to flesh out with this concept in mind.

I love how sleek all of your artwork is, but also how well thought out your concepts are as well.

Incredibly sorry for the late response to this ( I thought this thread was dead but apparently people still like ol Anubis and Shard!). I thank you for the feedback and well thought out comment. Currently I am working on redesigning Shard and a more crystalline and asymmetrical look might do the trick. As for Anubis, I may alter his skills slightly and redo their origins and mythology. I am just still in love with the idea of an Egyptian frame since Loki has been around for so long without any mythology buddy except maybe Valkyr. :D

I LOVE the idea of an Egyptian-themed frame, and Anubis has been my favorite Egyptian god since childhood. I am ALL for this idea visually.

The abilities are also very interesting, though I feel like "male master of death" has already been covered by Nekros. That said, I love the "other dimension" idea being played at with him here, and how its got a slightly different take on it than Limbo's abilities. I feel like his Possession ability is a little complex for a second ability, though, but I may simply not be grasping the full idea behind him.

Thank you! I always wanted an Egyptian frame and Anubis is one of my fave of that pantheon. At the time this frame was submitted Nekros was not released and I think even Nova was not a thing yet! I am not going to cry "STOLEN!" but a lot of the ideas I had for Anubis were chosen by DE in some form for Nekros so even though I did think them original then, they are old hat ideas now.

The possess ability does seem a bit involved and should really be 3rd at least, the idea behind it was a more tactical vesion of Nyx's mind control where you can directly move the enemy into wherever you wanted and attack with it. Even as far as working with loki's switch teleport and other frame abilities to very nice team based combos.

I am not in the desing council sadly since I missed the opportunity to get that tier of early supporter packages, so i am not sure this will even get into any of those or even given credit if it does get in through someone else. I am contemplating changing Anubis to Khonshu, identified as a god of time, the moon and vengeance. it will still keep in line with the egyptian theme and the void/time manipulation, although after Limbo is made its harder still!

Focusing on Shard as a female tanking earth frame seems to be the best ticket for an original frame with powers not commonly found already, and i think a physical female tank would do well as an addition to the roster.

• 2 months later...

Great Warframe I have seen lots of fan-frames and wanted them to be imported into the real game and this frame has been added in that list.
I want to say something about Death's Door; I guess if there is no downed ally you can teleport to the nearest fallen enemy and do a finisher, just imagine that from the downed enemy's perspective seeing Anubis appear out of nowhere and inserting his melee into his torso

200.gif 

Edited by Aikuu